Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine - "Energy Beads" (Exercise Mode)

Arceace

I have been working on this mix for quite a while. I have already had it shot down in the judges panel before, and I don't want to repeat that step again. I feel pretty good about the whole arraingement, but I would greatly appreciate it if I gained some feedback about the production. I would also appreciate detailed comments about how to fix any problems that exist.

Link to the source:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-4lOQ-70Ro

Link to the remix:

http://soundcloud.com/arceace/energy-beads

All comments are appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

Solid work! This is by far the best song in the game, and I'm glad to see it getting some attention. I particularly like the glitchy effect you used on parts of the melody. My only complaint is that at times it feels....static if that makes sense. Like it's just waiting for a huge build up that never really happens.

Solid work! This is by far the best song in the game, and I'm glad to see it getting some attention. I particularly like the glitchy effect you used on parts of the melody. My only complaint is that at times it feels....static if that makes sense. Like it's just waiting for a huge build up that never really happens.

You think so? I'll be sure to focus on that when I start working on it again. I have already submitted it to the judge’s panel, but I get the feeling that I will work on it again.

Thanks for sharing your opinion!

Good luck with the judges! I like what you have going on throughout. The lead synth has me hooked.

I know you submitted already, but I feel like the bass doesn't stand out enough. At a few parts, I'm not sure if it's even there, which may have been intentional. The fake guitar that comes in at 0:37 and goes until 0:49 isn't doing too much for me, just a matter of personal taste I suppose. Also, the high pitched hat that plays through the song is distracting.