VGM Scramble (May 25th: LAST SHOW for a while!!)

alfredofreak

sig07_final.png

Listen via kuteradio.org OR the TuneIn Radio app (search for KUTE)

Best way to stay updated with the show? Keep an eye on the Facebook page!

Archive:

Podcast info: (effective from Show #5 onwards)

During the first hour, I will play all sorts of VGM, free or otherwise. This music will stay on the airwaves. The podcast will only consist of the second half of the show which will contain either music that is freely available to begin with or music from artists I have directly contacted that are cool with me putting their stuff in the podcast. While this does reduce the length of the podcast, it also ensures I won't have any legal issues down the road. :smile:

Show info:

I've recently become a DJ for my university's student internet radio station. Taking my obsession with games and music into consideration, I've naturally decided to make a video game music radio show. Wait a minute, I'm pretty sure I've heard this somewhere before:

Since lists are so awesome, let's make another one! Why on EARTH would you want to listen to my radio show?

• OSTs / OSVs
  • Remixes from across the internet (including stuff that people typically don't look for / know about)
  • ReMixes (with proper attribution, of course)
  • Covers (XOC, Minibosses, Bad Dudes, etc.)
  • New stuff (Super Meat Boy, etc.)
  • Old stuff (although I'm not sure if I want to go further back than the 8-bit era)
  • Everything between (Paper Mario: TTYD, Lego Island, F-Zero GX, Pokemon Sapphire / Ruby, etc.)
  • Obscure stuff (ever heard of a Russian role-playing combat racing game called Vangers? Listen to my first show!)
  • Selected DDR and ITG tracks
  • More music, less talk!

This thread was originally just for naming the show until this genius one popped up out of nowhere. :mrgreen:

Fantasy Frequency

Game boys and girls

Frequency(Freq.) Force

Cheat codes

final level

1up

Wizards tavern

Blue Tea

Game Sounds Maximum

Tasty mushrooms

coins in bricks

Spinning Kick

I'm looking forward to listening this Friday. Will you have them uploaded somewhere afterwards?

You used exactly 0 of the ideas suggested in this thread.

They were cool but exactly zero of them had that perfect feel. I did like them, though.

volterock, I'm not planning on uploading any of the commercial songs (partially due to the fact that this is run through a major university that frowns upon file sharing like this) BUT I will list out every song on the Facebook page after each show. For the commercial songs, I may or may not track down where to buy them. For the free ones, I'll link to where you can get them.

Ark Hive? what is that.

Now I get to relive the crappy intro to the show XD Seriously though, THANK YOU. I'm working on getting a podcast up so everyone can download shows and listen whenever they like, but thanks again for doing this for the first show. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Wow, actually listening to the show personally is making me notice areas for improvement that I didn't initially pick up on. I wouldn't have noticed this stuff until at least the next show.:)!!

• 2 weeks later...

Since it is such an awesome bundle, I've decided to give away a copy of the second Indie Game Music Bundle on my show this week! All you have to do is spread the word about my show on Facebook or Twitter. Check out the Facebook page for more details. 8-)

EDIT: I made the instructions easier due to some stupid Facebook functionality. Go check 'em out!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Species! I've still been recording episodes but I haven't quite had a chance to fix up and upload shows 3 & 4 for various stupid reasons. I'm hoping to fix them up and upload them within the next few days.

Also, I've been informed and noticed myself that there is a discrepancy between the volume when I'm speaking and the volume of the songs. I'll see what I can do about that. The radio station studio gives me an OOOOOOLD soundboard with old VU meters to work with so I'm trying to fix it.

On a side note, I'm planning on playing some songs from the Retro City Rampage soundtrack this week :mrgreen: Name a request here and I'll do my best to play it this week! :)!!

EDIT: I FINALLY have shows 3 & 4 up. Show number 4 was a vile little bastard that forced me to use FL Studio's extended memory option just to open the uncompressed WAV recording. Then again, at about 128 minutes, it IS the longest show yet.

Thanks again Species!

I'm currently uploading my recording of episode 5 but I've decided to change up my show a bit. Since I love VGM Scramble and I want to keep it going as long as possible, I naturally want to avoid any potential legal issues with distributing my podcast. That is why I have decided that my show is now going to be split in half.

During the first hour, I will play all sorts of VGM as usual, free or otherwise. This music will stay on the airwaves without going into the podcast. From this point on, the podcast will only consist of the second half of the show which will contain either music that is freely available to begin with or music from artists I have directly contacted that are cool with me putting their stuff in the podcast.

This does shorten the podcast down to one hour but it also ensures I won't have any legal issues down the road. :smile:

EDIT: My recording of show 5 is now uploaded.