FF6 Jazz remix

Wiesty

I found some of the interpretations a little too slow-paced. I felt like we should have moved on from the keys + vibes + brush drums intro far quicker. I feel like the song is just a little bit to slow tempo wise. Could definitely do with some variation. I find the instrumental texture not really to my liking - the vibes cover up the intricacies of the harmony in the keys. It's a good interpretation and it's sounding pretty good but I got a little bored and felt it was just a little slow.

Hey guys thanks for the feedback, much appreciated

In regards to the momentum, I'm not to sure where I want to take it yet. I'll most likely do something with it, but part of me also wants to keep it in the style of a typical modal jazz piece, so head solos head. Its pretty anti-climatic, but its a traditional spin on the material. So we'll see where it goes...

Hey Wiesty!

This is a pretty awesome interpretation of the Terra theme. I've never heard it like this before, but you really made it work! I love vibraphones, and you clearly know how to use them.

I can definitely hear that head-solo-head style that you were going for. While I'm more of a fully-composed jazz kind of guy, I think you definitely got what you wanted. Perhaps consider shortening the solo sections in favour of the head at points? Also, it would be neat if there were a section where the head was really emphasized with the vibes, keys and drums dynamically and rhythmically.

I agree with Calum that the keys could come out a bit more at parts, though I disagree that this pieces is too slow: I think it's just right for the style you're going for.

Definitely worth finishing, and looking forward to it. :)

• 1 month later...

Nice and mellow, I like that. I agree with Jean 100%. Some more ideas though. To make things more interesting, you could move up or down a half step for the solo section. Like Jean said, use the rhythm section to your advantage. Example: when appropriate, the rhythm section could play double time and the improviser could react to that change. Even drop everything for a while and just have vibes playing. Slowly bring in everything again. Listen to some jazz albums to get more ideas. Isn't jazz just the greatest!

• 3 weeks later...