- You can compare the Wiki versions to see exactly what changed.
- We are still working on making the above changes to the translated versions of the standards.
- We have added an information page on Encoding Guidance if you need help/advice on encoding your music.
- We will be contacting artists in the future about getting improved encodings of mixes already on the site, especially for tracks that suffered in quality due to length in order to meet size restrictions.
- Quick highlights:
- 192kbps was previously the maximum bitrate; it is now the minimum, of two options.
- In addition to 192kbps (CBR/ABR), the only other option is VBR1, which is higher quality.
- We have eliminated the file size limit; we strongly recommend submissions between 2 and 7 minutes in length.
Let us know what you think, but do read the mixpost in addition to this announcement for the full description of this revision & our thought process behind it!