Return to Eden

Nubblecakes

http://soundcloud.com/nubblecakes/return-to-eden-repercussion

I just finished reworking the percussion for this one, so I figured I would release it here and see if anyone likes it.

Basically, it's a trancey song and a down tempo-ish song combined. It's rather long due to a long build up, but overall it shouldn't be too repetitive.

Hope you like it. Criticism is welcome. Enjoy.

Hey bro you showed me some love for my track so I'm gonna return the favour.

I like the melodies going on, and the switch to the more downtempo / chill feeling near the end is pretty cool. I would say your track could use some more energy though, namely where your percussion / kick and snare parts come in and go out. I would like to see you build up to certain parts with some white noise sweeps, perhaps with some other melodic elements to aid as well. Similar for when you're about to drop the percussion, maybe a nice little sweep up before you drop it would create a little more energy / flow, if you know what I'm saying.

Other than that, pretty nice - didn't have any complaints production-wise. Keep it up man.

~Syllix

Yeah...I used Nexus for a lot of things, though there are a few things that aren't from Nexus.

I'm not exactly knowledgeable when it comes to using synthesizers, so I tend to use stock presets and whatnot to compensate. I can easily imagine a specific sound for a synth, but I lack the knowledge to really create it in any kind of VST plugin since I never really educated myself in that department. I'm not exactly proud of it to be quite honest.

The reality is, all I do is mess around in FL Studio. I don't use any other hardware aside from my computer to make music. I never learned any instruments, though I wish I had (mainly the piano).

Yeah, I never had ambitions with music. I started messing around in FL Studio like 7 years ago, and since then that's all I've really done with music. I'll look over this track some more and try to add some nice sweeps and rises and other cool effects to give it more life.

I think a gong hit is in order for the down tempo section. :lol: