New resource for VGM files

Roberto

Hello, I hope that self-advertising is allowed here to some extent; if it isn't, feel free to lock/delete this topic. But I believe you can find it interesting.

You all know that the VGM format was born on smspower and originally handled music from Game Gear and Master System games, and it was later upgraded to handle music from Genesis games, as seen on project2612.

What many of you probably don't know is that the format subsequently underwent further improvements and can now handle a wide range of gaming systems, most notably arcade (but not only that). Thus, a third website to collect the flood of these new VGM files was due, and I'm proud to tell you about this: http://vgm.mdscene.net/.

What you can find there, aside of all the new VGM packs you can download and comment about, are all the programs you need to listen to these new VGM files, such as the new in_vgm Winamp plugin by ValleyBell, and the standalone vgmplay.exe still by ValleyBell. And! There is a section for homebrew VGM files, I'm sure GeckoYamori will love it.

Best regards and thanks for your time.