313 replies to this topic

#1 BlackRazgriz

BlackRazgriz

Dan Hibiki (+75)

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

Junichi Masuda, in the latest Pokemon Smash, has revealed the newest editions of the Pokemon franchise, Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2. It features the mascots of Pokemon Black/White fused with Kyurem, which completely defied all expectations. Great going Masuda. Who is excited for this?
Dangos, Dangos, Dango Daikazoku :)

#2 TheNESimplicity

TheNESimplicity

Glass Joe (+10)

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:12 AM

I'm debating on getting the Japanese version when it releases.
"Aren't there hearts confined within you too? Hearts other than your own!"-Xehanort
3DS FC- 4296-2979-5035

#3 BlackRazgriz

BlackRazgriz

Dan Hibiki (+75)

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:31 AM

Wish I could do the same...Hopefully its a true sequel :)

#4 Soul Splint

Soul Splint

Guybrush Threepwood (+800)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 825 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:12 AM

Sweet! Just please don't be for the 3DS.

#5 Bleck

Bleck

Samus Aran (+8000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,302 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:24 AM

it's not for 3ds

Posted Image

#6 BlackRazgriz

BlackRazgriz

Dan Hibiki (+75)

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:55 AM

Yeah, Bleck's right. Besides, right now an official Pokemon gam is not ready to be released for the 3DS. Wait like two or three more years.

#7 Sansato

Sansato

Dan Hibiki (+75)

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:05 AM

I don't know anything about these games outside of "sequel" and I'm already interested in buying them. I'll be waiting patiently for more information to surface, but I'm getting at least one if these games get released in the US (something that seems likely considering the American Pokemon.com has posted info regarding the games.)
I will update this sig when I have something useful to put here.

#8 Gollgagh

Gollgagh

Mega Man (+15000)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,540 posts
  • LocationJust hanging around, y'know, like a dingleberry.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:19 AM

man, I was hoping that the original B&W was going to be on 3DS

guess I gotta keep waiting for the 3DS's killer apps
Posted Image

#9 TheNESimplicity

TheNESimplicity

Glass Joe (+10)

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:25 AM

I'm anticipating that these games will have more changes than the usual 3rd game. Maybe a different main character(this one is a long shot). Perhaps a few different gyms/elite four members. A new Elite Four champion and Ghetsis' return.

If this truly a sequel, maybe we can expect a Pokemon Trainer Black/White battle(something similar to the Trainer Red battle in Gold/Silver/Crystal)
"Aren't there hearts confined within you too? Hearts other than your own!"-Xehanort
3DS FC- 4296-2979-5035

#10 ocre

ocre

Terry Bogard (+1300)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:38 AM

Wow. I don't even know anything about it and I want it. Both of them.

#11 BlackRazgriz

BlackRazgriz

Dan Hibiki (+75)

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:54 AM

Yeah I'm really hoping for a Pokemon Trainer Black/White Battle. This time, I really want either two separate battles, or a battle corresponding to the gender you chose at the beginning. I mean, the Red battle in Heartgold and Soulsilver was fun and all, but Leaf was a main character too, and she did not even get honorable mention or anything of the sort. I want a Female trainer final battle, for Pete's sake!!!

#12 Overflow

Overflow

Master Chief (+1800)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:02 AM

Yeah I'm really hoping for a Pokemon Trainer Black/White Battle. This time, I really want either two separate battles, or a battle corresponding to the gender you chose at the beginning. I mean, the Red battle in Heartgold and Soulsilver was fun and all, but Leaf was a main character too, and she did not even get honorable mention or anything of the sort. I want a Female trainer final battle, for Pete's sake!!!

Why not a 2-on-2 battle? ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
3DS FC: 1461-6201-4828 PM me if you add me! I go as GameBird!

#13 mickomoo

mickomoo

Phoenix Wright (+1100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,158 posts
  • LocationNeither Here Nor There... (Roaming, CA)

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:03 AM

This totally sounded like a fan name game before I clicked the topic... you think they're just doing this so that they can have two "middle" versions rather than one both very similar to each other?

#14 Red Shadow

Red Shadow

Evil Ryu (+14000)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,901 posts
  • Locationa stagnant pond

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

the title of this thread just made me imagine a cross between Black&White and pokemon

now i desperately want to play such a game
Posted Image

#15 ocre

ocre

Terry Bogard (+1300)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

I'm pretty sure there's a good reason behind the '2' name structure for this followup(though selling two copies is a good one from a business standpoint.) We might even get a new region adjacent to the Unova region(similar to Kanto/Johto's placement) and it would share the same pokemon from gen 5 mixed in with older ones. They're probably doing this to get more mileage out of the BW engine/brand before moving onto whatever they have cooking for 3DS. Every other engine got at least 4 games(r/b engine: red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, crystal; r/s engine: ruby, sapphire, emerald, firered, leafgreen; d/p engine: diamond, pearl, platinum, heartgold, soulsilver). We'll see how it all plays out.

#16 Mirby

Mirby

Audio Engineering Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,570 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

I'm pretty sure there's a good reason behind the '2' name structure for this followup(though selling two copies is a good one from a business standpoint.) We might even get a new region adjacent to the Unova region(similar to Kanto/Johto's placement) and it would share the same pokemon from gen 5 mixed in with older ones. They're probably doing this to get more mileage out of the BW engine/brand before moving onto whatever they have cooking for 3DS. Every other engine got at least 4 games(r/b engine: red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, crystal; r/s engine: ruby, sapphire, emerald, firered, leafgreen; d/p engine: diamond, pearl, platinum, heartgold, soulsilver). We'll see how it all plays out.

Someone on another forum pointed out how Ghetsis escaped last time. Maybe we'll see what happens from there.

And perhaps we'll see N again, albeit in a different capacity.

Posted ImagePosted Image
<+overcoat> I am totally a weaboo fangirl | Share & Enjoy now available! Click above! | <jeffball> my balls are everywhere

#17 PixelPanic

PixelPanic

Pac-Man (+500)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationOcean City

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

REMEMBER: Unova had an airport

Just...keep that in mind.

#18 Mirby

Mirby

Audio Engineering Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,570 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/kvar/18298790483/1/tumblr_lzzil8zdkj1qcivrb
http://www.tumblr.co...zil8zdkj1qcivrb
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The new versions of Kyurem are AMAZING, and this is why.

The developers incorporated so many deep levels of Taoism into this Pokemon that it puts it on a level that I’ve hardly ever seen Pokemon get to.

I just felt the need to go make this huge chart to illustrate my point, because I know some people don’t approve of the new forms of Kyurem. Although I am completely for everyone having their own opinions, I felt like posting this to get this excitement off my chest.

A good point of view explaining Kyurem's new forms.

And yeah, the airport. I always hoped that it would lead to something. :D

Posted ImagePosted Image
<+overcoat> I am totally a weaboo fangirl | Share & Enjoy now available! Click above! | <jeffball> my balls are everywhere

#19 Overflow

Overflow

Master Chief (+1800)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

Someone on another forum pointed out how Ghetsis escaped last time. Maybe we'll see what happens from there.

And perhaps we'll see N again, albeit in a different capacity.

WHAT IF...

You could transfer your save data from the first games and LITERALLY continue the story?
Posted Image
Posted Image
3DS FC: 1461-6201-4828 PM me if you add me! I go as GameBird!

#20 pokemoneinstein

pokemoneinstein

Goemon (+300)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationMilton, MA

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

Doubt it. You'd run into trouble with the whole "massive training" thing, and the game would be a breeze. What I'm really interested to see is if they can pull off a "get a new starter and have no Pokémon" thing without just making you a whole new character. I'd love to continue as the player from the originals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums