OCR Big Band *NOW ACCEPTING ARRANGEMENTS* *NEED TROMBONES*

Wiesty

Brad and I tried this a while back. Xenon got us a chart and we got a handful of people on board. We ran into problems recruiting trumpets. We got a handful, but no one with lead chops. Hopefully it works out better this time.

I'm down for Bass Bone (possibly other bone parts as well tuba) and I'm more than comfortable arranging for this setup.

!!!!!

Awesome man, definitley need some bones, and a bass bone would be killer. I dont think I'll actually find enough bones on the net to be able to audition, but it would be nice to hear anything of yours if you have anything!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone, sorry for lack of progress, but stuff has been with recently, and we're still waiting for some more players to come forward. That being said, I'd like to welcome Sir Jordanius to the band. He is our first and only trumpet player thus far, and we're thrilled to have him!

I've had a few people come forward for brass so far, but nothing permanent. It would be great to get a few more auditions in for trombone/trumpet. Saxophone section is basically filled right now, and rhythm section is in the works!

More to come!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, just a bit of an update on the roster here. I'll update the main post so you guys can see who all we got so far.

First of I'd like to welcome Fratto to the band as a trombonist, our one and only so far. So if there are any trombone players out there looking to get in on a project please step forward.

Secondly, I'd like to welcome SirJordanious to the project as a trumpet player. And finally I'd like to welcome joenopride to the band as our pianist.

We've had some potential arrangers come forward with some music so it looks like we should be able to get some recording done hopefully by the end of summer. Thats about it for now. Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, this sounds like it could be fun. Put me down for trumpet. You may've heard me in the last few mega man compos and the recent sonic one, but a good amount of me playing is in amongst my

Specific trumpet parts

0:35 (high stuff) - 1:11

3:04 - 3:41 (a little technical)

3:53 bond! and high notes

4:55 other

As far as range, I'm fine with a written G or Ab (concert F or Gb/F#) an octave above the staff. Past that, eh. Shakes are fine, doits are fine, slides are fine, flutter and growl are fine, quick tonguing (double/triple) is fine. Low notes are fine, too, by the way--an oft-ignored range for trumpet (not nearly as much fun!).

Edited by C7