OCRA-0005 - Doom: The Dark Side of Phobos

Navi

This is great. A remix project that actually feels like a complete PROJECT, rather than a collection of completely different tracks just thrown onto a playlist.

The music sounds great, too. Leaning Tower of Babel is my favorite so far.

And I've always wondered.. How do you get the tracklist page in the back of one of those slim jewel cases?

Edit: Nevermind. :?

Wow, this project is pretty much ownage. Each of the tracks sound spot on production wise. I don't really know what to say, but it just pwns. So many good things goin on here. Every song perfectly fits the DOOM atmosphere. Probably best project since RotC IMO. 8)

I know I didn't really write anything to substantiate my opinion, but it's probably because I'd rather just listen to this project.

You've outdone yourself guys, and GJ myth for running the project. Actually, thanks.

I've finished printing and burning my album out:

toalbumdoom7lf.jpg

Very nice artwork Claude, though I had to edit myself some CD images.

Edit:

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3659/claudecoverartcd4cm.jpg

for the CD cover, I just used Claude's front cover and added the text around the edge.

Sweeeeeeeet. The CD´s look REALLY cool! And I didn´t even know that we call Disc1 "Phobos" and Disc2 "Deimos". That is SUCH A COOL IDEA.

On other news; just listening to the project now for the first time and DAMN! I really gets me on DooMMooD. I wasn´t sure about some tracks on the WIP-stage when I heard them ages ago, but now that I hear the complete tracks I´m just digging them!

WE.ARE.GOOD.

YOU.ARE.BORG.

My Favs....

'Aria of the Damned' is absolutely amazing vocal work by pixietricks! My fav track on the album :D

'Ghosts of Mars' Loved the violin, the vocal work and whole feel to this song.

'Leaning Tower of Babel' remained supremely recognisable, I dont like it when a track is altered to the point of it sounding completely different which is what happened a lot in Kong in Concert project. So I loved this track.

'Glass Moon' for the same reasons as Leaning Tower of Babel. Very recognisable yet still a refreshing new sound to it.

Things I Liked.....

The segueway between some tracks, some just flowed into the next perfectly

It still feels totally like doom! Hearing this made me want to install my copy of Ultimate Doom.

Things I Didnt Like....

Level Themes out of order. I think a more coherent feel would have been made if the level themes were done in correct order....... but thats just me.

Samey feel. While it does make the project feel unified and not just a random CD of remixes, it would have been nice to see more styles of remixing being used rather then every 2nd track being guitar metal.

Overall...

Great Stuff, a worthy project from the community. Definately worthy to grace my ipod and im sure the more I listen the more all the tracks will grow on me. Thanks guys great job.

Wow, impressive stuff! Congratulations to everyone involved on a great project and thanks!

I'm almost done listening all the MP3s in Winamp. I noticed what seems to be a skip/hiccup just over 2 minutes into track 22 ("Darkness Dawning (text music)") - am I just hearing things, or maybe I have a bad copy?

Yep yep yep. Definitely worth it.

FAVORITES:

-The Dark Side of Phobos: Awesome. What can I say? Convincing, powerful, evocative orchestral. A great namesake piece.

-The Glass Moon: Very entrancing song, this one is. Just a lot of really good ideas, all combined to form an amazing work of musakz.

-Aria of the Damned: Oh, pixietricks, how you make me glad...that you were on my project first. But your talents are not wasted here, and they enhance an already Doom-esque piece into a truly, terrifyingly beautiful ensemble.

-The Leaning Tower of Babel: Incredible intro. Like capturing the thrum of the project itself and putting it into a single sonic form. By far the most danceable, lively piece herein.

Other honorable mentions for great pieces: Infiltrator, Jade Spawn, Mystery Meat, and ElectroCute Bunny. Excellent work, everybody...this is the best project yet.

~.C.S.~

P.S. However, soon to be surpassed...click below...

:roll:

Yep yep yep. Definitely worth it.

FAVORITES:

-The Dark Side of Phobos: Awesome. What can I say? Convincing, powerful, evocative orchestral. A great namesake piece.

-The Glass Moon: Very entrancing song, this one is. Just a lot of really good ideas, all combined to form an amazing work of musakz.

-Aria of the Damned: Oh, pixietricks, how you make me glad...that you were on my project first. But your talents are not wasted here, and they enhance an already Doom-esque piece into a truly, terrifyingly beautiful ensemble.

-The Leaning Tower of Babel: Incredible intro. Like capturing the thrum of the project itself and putting it into a single sonic form. By far the most danceable, lively piece herein.

Other honorable mentions for great pieces: Infiltrator, Jade Spawn, Mystery Meat, and ElectroCute Bunny. Excellent work, everybody...this is the best project yet.

~.C.S.~

P.S. However, soon to be surpassed...click below...

:roll:

He's right. You should click below.

:P

The only gripe I had about this is the Intermission music, I was kinda expecting a track like the others, but...well...it was confusing...sounds like Circus Music :?

yeah but clowns are fucking scary yo!

circus = clown = wow scary = doom!

Okay so here it is, i've been reading forums a lot and its time for me to finally post on one. I've seen some of the slandering that new guys get, but i've mentaly prepped for it, so do your worst. And yes i realize that my username has the absolute maximum level of nerdiness with it, but hey this is a website with a bunch of remixes of songs from videogames on it, so i can't be too out of place can I? :D

Anyhoo, this is a badass project! The entire thing seems very professional, with the well done songs and the fancy cover art and stuff. I like the fact that there is an intro and an interlude too, it really makes the cd feel ginuine. This project has the kind of quality that you would expect out of something being sold in a cd store ya know?

And do y'all remember (this was a loooong time ago) when that doom midi was floatin around on the internet, i mean i'm sure its still out there but i found this when i was still a kid and i thought it was the coolest thing ever. It was a midi of E1M1 that used an electric guitar synth sound, and ever since i heard it I always wanted to hear one with a real guitar in it, and my wish has been granted 8) (that is a real guitar in Hangermageddon right? well even if it isnt it still sounds damn good)

so that was it, my first post on my first forum ever. Those of y'all who are reading this should feel priviledged to be witnessing such an epic event (joke)