OCRA-0005 - Doom: The Dark Side of Phobos

Navi

Goddamnit people!

These are great songs, but this is like the second collaboration project in a row that I have to manually retag the FLAC files... Would be REALLY nice if the .flacs came pretagged. I don't want MP3s, and if the FLAC files were tagged... making vorbis files would be really easy.

I'm a real bittorrent n00b, but I'm thinking that having 127 seeders is damn impressive.

I've seen Naruto episodes with 500+ seeds.

Downloading this now, can't wait until it is done...

On the day of release, Naruto episodes usually have about 10,000 seeds. The most I've ever seen though was a copy of Star Wars Episode 3 (that turned out to be 2 hours of black screen... MPAA honeypot methinks). that torrent had 1.2 million seeds.

Now it's up to 336 seeders. I'm talking about impressive for a remix album. Not this Naruto whatever-the-hell-that-thing-is thingie.

I spent pretty much the entire day listening to this...

congrats guys! this is the best site project yet... it just sounds so damn cohesive and, i don't know, but it's floored me.

My fave tracks have to be Hemo and Pixietricks' "Aria of the Damned", Elsa Persson and Larsec's "Darkness Dawning" and both of DJ Carbunkles' tracks... and i LOVE the intermission. There are one or two weaker tracks, but that mostly comes down to personal preferences, rather than anything being inherentely wrong with them.

Congrats to Myth, and all the remixers involved...

my fave project yet, and extra kudos goes to the whole album being so damn cohesive... quite incredible.

i love it to bits.

-Robbie

These guys at doomworld were seriously annoying me, so I had to register and reply:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=556405#post556405

They really do like to nit pick huh, good one TO, you sure showed them with your vast skills of reasoning.

Im currently listening to the whole thing now, my torent has taken two days and still waits another 7 hours'ish so I just downloaded the mirrors and am waiting for the torrent. It's all good shit so far :D

You have to remember that most other online communities aren't really... as smart as this one. Beyond OCR/AR/ST/VGmix(and I know some of you like to argue that one, but stfu please), the intelligence level drops dramatically while the implied ignorance level rises. Have you ever seen a Counterstrike forum?

The people at Doomworld, their image of a perfect Doom arrangement album is basically a collection E1-E4 direct covers. In this community, the notion of direct covers is wholly unsophisticated, unoriginal, and something associated with newbies. This Doom community, however, having had very minimal knowledge of the idea of videogame arrangements, would rather listen to that "Let's play some tetris motherfucker boom boom boom boom" remix than a radically changed original song. Most of the Doomworld inhabitants don't see the point of changing something they liked so much [the original music] so dramatically.

Point of view +1 [ohgod XD]

These guys at doomworld were seriously annoying me, so I had to register and reply:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=556405#post556405

They really do like to nit pick huh, good one TO, you sure showed them with your vast skills of reasoning.

Im currently listening to the whole thing now, my torent has taken two days and still waits another 7 hours'ish so I just downloaded the mirrors and am waiting for the torrent. It's all good shit so far :D

I cant believe those...those prats said that this is just like "mindless thrashing on a guitar".

Whatever respect I had for those DooMWorld members who said this project is amateurish crap just went down the toilet. This project has some of the best DooM Remix's I have ever heard, especially Hangermageddon and Mystery Meat! :x

Guys... I am seriously impressed. Congratulations to you all on a fine job.

I'm not all that familiar with the OST (I always hated the midis and stuck a CD in instead) so I can't judge how well the album works as a collection of remixes (or ReMixes). But that doesn't seem to be the point of the album: it's obviously designed to work as a cohesive whole, and in that respect the project is a resounding success.

I'm currently debating whether to stay up and listen to the whole album (it's 11.25 and I have to get up at 6 :cry: )... nah, I'll stop after the first disc, I need sleep. I'll be back at the weekend with more comments. For now, I'll just reiterate - this is awesome work. Well done.

I read all of that thread now on the doom forum, yep they really suck. Don't even bother replying there, they make a tiny percentage of who download this project and the other percentage probably mostly like the songs so that's a good thing. I'm not going to justify anything, but yknow when you find an angry horse it's probably not best to try and calm her down, just sit in the barn and wait for the little shit to die. Good hint? Yes.