Glitch Synth Sampling Technique with Logic Pro 9

Hey guys,

I made a tutorial on how to go about sampling your own synths and then making them sound glitchy. This video shows you how you can use those samples as either filler elements to your tracks or to help create interesting melodic rhythm. You can apply this technique and use it for any audio files you have in your songs. Use it for synths, drums, anything. Be creative, experiment, and have fun :)

Hope this helps some of you guys out there and hopefully I explain everything alright. If something isn't clear, please comment on the video and I will be happy to answer your questions.

Cheers!

~Syllix

Edit: Taking a look at the other tutorials, they are more general and seem much better suited to have a sturdy footprint in the guide and tutorials section than this tutorial (I think overall they are more helpful to users than this is). This tutorial is very focused and for a specific DAW, so maybe it does not belong here and should be moved to the main forum where it will eventually get moved down the line and make room for other important content. To the mods - please PM me with your thoughts on where this should go, and then I will remove this edit text afterwords. Thanks.

Any idea if there's an analgous command in FL Studio to Logic's "Bounce in place" feature? It's really cumbersome bounce in FL then add an audio clip channel and browse for your clip.

Nifty tutorial, man :D That snippet of the complete track at the end sounded pretty nice. Can't say I learned much as this was fairly basic and I think I'm a bit past all that at this point, but the audio manipulation concepts were solid and any newbie looking to discover cool things that can be done with audio should watch this right now.

Hey Ecto,

I haven't had a chance yet to use FL Studio so I'm sorry I don't have the answer to your question. I did do a quick search though and maybe your question will be answered here:

http://audio.tutsplus.com/tutorials/production/a-guide-to-freezing-and-bouncing-in-fl-studio/

I tried to explain as much as I could in the tutorial without it going over 15 minutes - I didn't want to get into too much detail because people of all different skill levels may end up watching the video. At the very least they can comment and I'll be sure to answer as many questions as I can, otherwise there are tons of other tutorials out there that show the very basics of things. I had that in mind that I simply cannot explain everything in one video, although I wish I could! I'll be making more tutorials in the future though. As long as somebody out there can take away something from this video then I guess it's served its purpose :) Thanks for the kind words though.