Viking Guitar University (instructional music site)

VikingGuitar

Hi guys. I posted this in the "Music Composition and Production" forum, but thought I should put it here too. Sorry if that's against protocol. I don't come around OCR too much to post, but I've done some remixing (Cave Story Remix album "Made of Metal") and have spent a lot of time doing home recording stuff. I'm trying to start a website to teach newcomers how to get started making music. I think that most everyone that's endeavored to do home recording has had situations where they're frustrated and scouring the internet for the knowledge they need. I'm trying to get all of that in one place so people can stop looking.

To that end, I've started a Kickstarter to gather some minimal funding to get the equipment I need. I would greatly appreciate it if you'd take a look. If you can't afford to donate, I totally understand. However, please share the link around so that this thing can get funded. It really will help a lot of young musicians get on the right path to fulfilling their dreams.

VIKING GUITAR UNIVERSITY on Kickstarter

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Those DVDs from professional shredders usually fly through the basics in like 5 minutes, but Erik is the most patient guitar teacher in history. I don't think you could buy any sort of written or video instruction that is as good of quality as VG has been putting together.

I've been working through his lessons, the way he suggests, and I'm actually making progress. I am actually getting results, because I'm listening to what he's saying, and being diligent about it.

I'm really happy about this!! :D I can't wait to see what else he does with VGU!