Street Fighter: The World Warrior Remix Royale

DarkeSword

I'd guess they'll wait to see what comes out of it--how many "good" (in their ad guy's mind) tracks there are, with how many different artists/characters, etc. If they get just a couple they like, maybe trailer/music videos; if they get more, who knows?

I just hope they use whole tracks and not snippets. Ten seconds of one of these would be kind of defeating the point.

I'd guess they'll wait to see what comes out of it--how many "good" (in their ad guy's mind) tracks there are, with how many different artists/characters, etc. If they get just a couple they like, maybe trailer/music videos; if they get more, who knows?

I just hope they use whole tracks and not snippets. Ten seconds of one of these would be kind of defeating the point.

I'd be happier if more of us got representation, and if snippets are the way to do that, I'm cool with that

Hmm... Tough vote. I don't care for the sound clips, but both competitors use them so that's a wash. They're both a little meandering, too; Sir_NutS's entry is definitely more repetitive than I'd like. Main Finger has some smooth, smooth jazz, but the soundscape is a little hollow. My vote comes down in favor of Sir_NutS on the basis of production quality.

Oh, and DusK's entry is awesome. One of my favorites so far.

Odd sidenote: MPlayer has the unfortunate tendency to match remixer's names with the closest thing in their database when it comes to album cover art. DusK's resolves to Matt Dusk, with a dignified guy in a suit, but Sir_NutS gives me a naked guy with an accordion. Bugs the hell out of me.

Second odd sidenote: We are now officially down to only SF2/SSF2 characters.

Hmm... Tough vote. I don't care for the sound clips, but both competitors use them so that's a wash. They're both a little meandering, too; Sir_NutS's entry is definitely more repetitive than I'd like. Main Finger has some smooth, smooth jazz, but the soundscape is a little hollow. My vote comes down in favor of Sir_NutS on the basis of production quality.

Oh, and DusK's entry is awesome. One of my favorites so far.

Odd sidenote: MPlayer has the unfortunate tendency to match remixer's names with the closest thing in their database when it comes to album cover art. DusK's resolves to Matt Dusk, with a dignified guy in a suit, but Sir_NutS gives me a naked guy with an accordion. Bugs the hell out of me.

Second odd sidenote: We are now officially down to only SF2/SSF2 characters.

That is probably this guy, love that guy btw.

Dusk had a really awesome song. I liked Main Finger's smooth take, really great. Dig that beat, it's helluva tight.

I went way out of my comfort zone this round. Hopefully that doesn't bite me in the ass. I do love making wub wubs, but I figure variety is the spice of life as they say so I switched things up. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, actually.

Yeah both yours and Sir_NutS's tracks were great! I really like what you did though, I love the bass and piano work in your track. Then again I could be biased, I do love me some smooth jazzy remixes :-D