Street Fighter: The World Warrior Remix Royale

DarkeSword

Spam out those shoryukens this week Gario, because I used to play Chun Li as a ground fighter. :razz:

Good luck, it was great meeting you in real life too, lol. I look forward to our epic battle. :-D

Oh hey, thanks, it was nice to meet you at Vegas, too. Man, I'm going to get a nice late start, but it couldn't be helped - I only just got back from visiting my family out in NM.

May our battle be epic (and my I come out the victor :nicework:)!

Oh hey, thanks, it was nice to meet you at Vegas, too. Man, I'm going to get a nice late start, but it couldn't be helped - I only just got back from visiting my family out in NM.

May our battle be epic (and my I come out the victor :nicework:)!

You're not the only one with the late start. I was with family celebrating Easter, then hanging out with Jason Covenant/Prophecy celebrating his birthday. Add to that, I still have to do my taxes, and I work Wednesday through Saturday. This is going to be a really tough week for me. :sleepdepriv: I will definitely still do what I can though.

Alright, I'm uploading now. It'll be in your box soon, Darkesword.

EDIT: Aaaand, done! Here's to a good round, everyone!

EDIT2: Hey Darkesword, quick question, while I'm here - what license do we hold to the tracks as we submit them? Most of the time I like to release my tracks elsewhere, but the tie to Capcom makes it a little complicated. Do we have non-exclusive rights, or... well, does it work?

Alright, I'm uploading now. It'll be in your box soon, Darkesword.

EDIT: Aaaand, done! Here's to a good round, everyone!

EDIT2: Hey Darkesword, quick question, while I'm here - what license do we hold to the tracks as we submit them? Most of the time I like to release my tracks elsewhere, but the tie to Capcom makes it a little complicated. Do we have non-exclusive rights, or... well, does it work?

As long as we haven't signed anything, I just assume we own our own music we create.

edit: nice mix this week Gario. ^_^

Can't get By Those Thighs: I definitely like this song, but there are few complaints. I didn't like your choices for lead sounds. Also, the song feel somewhat repetitive. Other than that, this is a fairly good track. Loved the ending.

Requiem for the Beerless: Again, a very good track for this round, and just like the last, comes with it's flaws. I think the piano was too soft, and couldn't hold the lead in comparison to the rest. The rave-y sounds near the end, around 3:20 or so, could've done well turned down, they overtake the piano at some points. But, I really like this track!

Gonna have to say Requiem for the Beerless - Ghetto Lee Lewis gets my vote!

Can't get By Those Thighs: I definitely like this song, but there are few complaints. I didn't like your choices for lead sounds. Also, the song feel somewhat repetitive. Other than that, this is a fairly good track. Loved the ending.

Requiem for the Beerless: Again, a very good track for this round, and just like the last, comes with it's flaws. I think the piano was too soft, and couldn't hold the lead in comparison to the rest. The rave-y sounds near the end, around 3:20 or so, could've done well turned down, they overtake the piano at some points. But, I really like this track!

Gonna have to say Requiem for the Beerless - Ghetto Lee Lewis gets my vote!

Make sure you vote in the social group if you want your vote to count!!

Aw, NutS. I already had some ideas for Balrog vs. Fei Long. Oh well. I'll get you next time, Sir_NutS! Until we meet again...

Fun times bro, a worthy rival till the end (seriously votes were tied for like 2 pages)!

Now time to kick Dusk's ass. And I won't be summoning the mighty powers of brostep or spacesynth this time around. Be afraid.

This was a really close vote for me, so I wanted to give my opinions on both tracks:

Ghetto Lee Lewis: I think the instrumentation really won my vote over here. The piano was really well done (and probably my favorite part overall), but then in combination with the flute and mandolin thingy, it really created a cool environment. That, combined with the constant shifting between the more pulsing straightforward synth/techno part resulted in a track that kept my attention and was very enjoyable. Nice job!

Gario: Right from the get-go, this sounded like classic Gario. The crispness of that opening synth is just amazing, it's got a great sound. Nice panning effects with it too, I really enjoyed it. That synth pattern and drum beat actually reminded me a lot of Megavolt! (which I still really like). This is definitely one of my favs from the compo... just overall I enjoyed GLL's arrangement a tad bit more.

Hey can I submit my song to this?

http://www.streetfighter.com/SF25Music/

Also "please upload your music to OC ReMix" LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Notice that by submitting your music to them you're granting Capcom a royalty free license to do basically whatever the hell they want with your music. It's all listed under their terms and conditions.

Sorry, but I don't like giving up that much control over what I create.

Notice that by submitting your music to them you're granting Capcom a royalty free license to do basically whatever the hell they want with your music. It's all listed under their terms and conditions.

Sorry, but I don't like giving up that much control over what I create.

I'm wondering if we already gave up that right by participating in this particular competition, eh? I wonder if they are actually the same thing, now that I think about it.

edit: it's capcom what did ya expect :-o