Trying to fill up my Ipod 160 with VG music, suggestions?

Kainchild

Tamaya Kawamoto, if I can guess anything about her from her compositional style, is that she is definitely a Euro-phile - or a Francophile to be precise : D

A lot of her tracks sound like they'd fit right in with Euro dance music, and others sound heavily french (like Ceramic Heart - which has sampled French vocals ha ha). Though I think this particular track from Pengel is Italian - but I can't tell. >.>

The chief problem with a good number of ZUN's pieces from a compositional (not production [what production?]) standpoint is that there's a good amount of repetitiveness within them (again note: not between them). Stuff like Fall of Fall and Infinite Nightmare have some neat ideas and are enjoyable until you get to the third minute of what should have been a one-minute track. Or Mooned insect with its whopping four unique bars of melody (not including key changes) for fifty seconds. That said, there are still a good number with enough actual writing to remain interesting throughout.

While I do admit to having an aversion to ZUN's works (aesthetics, but playing 5, 6, and 7 and thinking they were really boring wasn't going to see me trying the rest of the series to see if they've improved), I admit that the music is the best thing I can say about ZUN! EG, I've printed up some of the piano music to his work, like Byakuren's Theme and Septette for the Dead Princess. I don't deny there being good tracks out there.

On the flip side of the coin, there are examples you've mentioned that are a bit bloated, and I feel the fact that he uses practically the same instruments every game makes everything sound samey despite any variational technique in composition.

Often overlooked OSTs of awesome:

Lords of the Realm

THIS. Lords2 FTW.

I second - SMRPG, Red Alert, Halo, FF6

Not yet mentioned - Skyward Sword OST, Secret of Mana, anything by Video Games Live. If you're into anime as well get LOTS and LOTS of Yoko Konno and Joe Hisaishi.

EDIT: I forgot - MASS EFFECT 2. BGC will appreciate it if you go sharing the love around.

THIS. Lords2 FTW.

I second - SMRPG, Red Alert, Halo, FF6

Not yet mentioned - Skyward Sword OST, Secret of Mana, anything by Video Games Live. If you're into anime as well get LOTS and LOTS of Yoko Konno and Joe Hisaishi.

EDIT: I forgot - MASS EFFECT 2. BGC will appreciate it if you go sharing the love around.

Yeah I tried to find the soundtrack to Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind by Joe Hisaishi and any of his other works for Hayao Miyazaki he did but can't seem to find them anywhere. If you got some links, please set me up, thanks.