Triage at Dawn - Solemn Mix (Half-Life 2)

Nubblecakes

After scrapping my recent remix project, I decided I'd post a remix I did a while back for Half-Life 2, just for fun.

There was a remix of this song years ago called Path of Borealis, done by Viktor Antonov. It pretty much inspired me to do a remix of my own, though I don't think I came close to his remix in terms of quality. My remix might be too deliberate, which isn't exactly a good thing.

I struggled to get this remix sounding right, but hopefully it paid off. I'm not really sure if it's worth mod review or anything, so I figured I'd just share it with the community. The original song is very short in length so it was tough to create a lengthy track without making it repetitive. I don't know if I succeeded. Viktor Antonov did a ton of work with the piano in his remix, which made it sound very cool and dynamic. Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of skill. :<

Original:

Remix:

http://soundcloud.com/nubblecakes/triage-at-dawn-solemn-mix

I have another mix with a different intro in case anyone's interested or doesn't like how this version starts. I'll upload it to Soundcloud if there's any demand.

Enjoy. All feedback is more than welcome.