Maverick Rising: HELP stop the Sigma Virus!

Bahamut

I just posted a link to the OCR Sigma page on the 100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Mega Man Legends 3's page on Facebook a few minutes ago. They are the largest collected group of Mega Man fans I can think of, aside from maybe posting on Capcom's wall as well. I wasn't the only person to post there, which is good, since it improves the chances more people will see the link. Hopefully that helps.

I just posted a link to the OCR Sigma page on the 100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Mega Man Legends 3's page on Facebook a few minutes ago. They are the largest collected group of Mega Man fans I can think of, aside from maybe posting on Capcom's wall as well. I wasn't the only person to post there, which is good, since it improves the chances more people will see the link. Hopefully that helps.

Yeah that was me actually lol. You recommended it earlier so I did it but yeah! Tell everyone! I even emailed The Mega Man Network and asked if they could post it on their site to draw attention. wewt gingrich up in heer

The remixes are posted to youtube, there's probably a more direct way to get fans on Youtube than going through facebook :< Youtube's a pretty powerful and easy to use tool :<

Facebook is really just a glorified funnel, half the time I don't even see the OCR updates on my feed unless nothing else is going on.. I usually see it because friends like and comment on it rather than actually just seeing the original post. :-o

Facebook works for us. We get a lot of eyes on our stuff through Facebook.

The more people that like our page, the more we can promote everyone's hard work.

In other news, WillRock wants some likes: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Willrock/98839364682

<3 u baha

My stance on this is that its a good idea, but execution is poor. Facebook is a powerful tool, but 3000 likes before release is too much imo. I'd have drawn the line at 25000 likes overall myself. I just feel like this is going to unnecessarily push back release by quite a margin, maybe 2-3 weeks perhaps. Still, I haven't seen how many people are liking the page since it went up, I hear its more than usual, but i'd say its the same sort of idea as a youtube video... at first you'll get alot of likes, but then they'll slow down... to a crawl. Not optimistic about you guys hitting the 27000 before too long, but good luck regardless.

That recent blast of 300 or so likes happened REALLY QUICKLY. I had originally thought 27000 may have been a little lofty, but I have an immense respect for Liontamer because he runs the social media like he knows his shit, so I didn't say anything. It is becoming evident that Larry's vision for this sort of thing is spot on - It'll be there sooner than you thought guys! GET EXCITED!

It occurred to me that I had been updating this in a thread that was moved to site issues & feedback. I think it's more fitting to have here...

3/12 11:10pm - 24,365

3/13 12:35am - 24,407 - 42 increase

3/13 8:47am - 24,595 - 188 increase

3/13 9:32am - 24,614 - 19 increase

3/13 11:08am - 24,654 - 40 increase

3/13 12:08am - 24,680 - 26 increase

3/13 1:20pm - 24,785 - 108 increase (thanks mixpost!

3/13 1:54pm - 24,978 - 193 increase (thanks Capcom!)

3/13 2:35pm - 25,090 - 112 increase

3/13 3:35pm - 25,195 - 105 increase

3/13 5:02pm - 25,307 - 112 increase (slowing down)

3/13 7:23pm - 25,529 - 222 increase

3/14 9:04am - 26,137 - 608 increase

Well I have a suggestion to help the goal and all. Could make a short video on youtube or something with the Sigma message. Could use Powerpoint or something to have a MMX Sigma message mockup with the original Sigma 4 song and have an annotation with a link to the FB page and I think then the goal would be reached a little faster. Or atleast a message about it on the Youtube page. Since people like me tend to get our site updates from YT, I think it'd help alot