OCRA-0033 - Mega Man X: Maverick Rising

Bahamut

Preview it:

Download it: http://maverick.ocremix.org/

Torrent: http://bt.ocremix.org/torrents/Mega_Man_X_series_-_Maverick_Rising_v2.torrent

Welcome everyone to the 33rd album on OverClocked ReMix! This mega effort contains 62 tracks of varying styles that run the gamut of games from Mega Man X to Mega Man X8, and even Maverick Hunter X, and spanning over 4 ½ hours. In addition, there are many unique & traditional contributors to this OCR album release that should pique your interest for their high quality music, which will enthrall many of you as you're taken through a journey of music you haven't heard the likes of yet!

- Wesley Cho (Bahamut)

coverthumb.jpg

Congratulations to everyone involved in this amazing release. I think this is one of the strongest albums OCR has put out to date, which is saying something considering the large scope of this project. I look forward to many more years of excellent VGM remixes from this awesome community, things can only get better and better!

What are some of your favorites?

I still have to listen to many tracks of the album, but I can already say that this is one of the best albums of OCR, it's really awesome! Great work guys, on such an enormous project!

Oh, and Washudoll is a goddamn genius (I LOVE the Boomer Kuwanger track, but all of your tracks are superb)... that'll be all

EDIT: Kudos to Metal Man for making a 10-minute remix that doesn't bore and is kickass

My face has been completely incinerated by the awesomeness of this album. I thank ORC and everyone who contributed to this epic album! My personal favorites would have to be A Giant and his Flea, Tuck n' Roll, every Blizzard Buffalo remix, X-Hunted, Primulaceae Rosa, Winged Reploid and First Form Slayer. EDIT: I Am the One Who Designed and Built Mega Man X definately goes up there as well, wonderful arrangement.

I just listened to the majority of the songs. (since the last time I listened to old versions a long time ago)(not all because I am tired as shitsonabrickaBon. yeah I haven't slept since I got up yesterday):sleepdepriv:

Everyone else's seemed so much better than mine.(that's probably because i've heard mine a BillionFregginTimes!) Fuck, everything is super polished and almost near consistent in quality.

Except for Gario's amazing Final Weapon track! Something must've gone wrong during mastering , because it's got some distortion/clipping shit going on in various places(mostly the high end it seems like)

Whoever mastered this , should be slapped. And then Hugged for a good effort!

PS. DJ SymBiotiX, I still love the hell out of your Zero Song!

Such a great arrangement. It chills me to the bone!

I'm getting goosebumps just listening to it again right now!

Otay, I think I need to go to bed. KBAI.

I just listened to the majority of the songs. (since the last time I listened to old versions a long time ago)(not all because I am tired as shitsonabrickaBon. yeah I haven't slept since I got up yesterday):sleepdepriv:

Everyone else's seemed so much better than mine.(that's probably because i've heard mine a BillionFregginTimes!) Fuck, everything is super polished and almost near consistent in quality.

Except for Gario's amazing Final Weapon track! Something must've gone wrong during mastering , because it's got some distortion/clipping shit going on in various places(mostly the high end it seems like)

Whoever mastered this , should be slapped. And then Hugged for a good effort!

PS. DJ SymBiotiX, I still love the hell out of your Zero Song!

Such a great arrangement. It chills me to the bone!

I'm getting goosebumps just listening to it again right now!

Otay, I think I need to go to bed. KBAI.

As far as I am aware, there was no mastering done to Gario's track. I can't find any project files with his except possibly a squash-to-render 16-bit 44.1khz. So whatever artifacts are there are either in your headphones or just built into the track. For what it's worth, I do hear it as high-end heavy, but the majority of Gario's stuff is like that, and I can't hear any distortion to that effect.

I'll still accept the hug, though.

Edit: Oh yeah, I should probably post some of my thoughts on the album, seeing as its out now.

I had a bit of a rough-and-tumble with the album in some ways. It was probably one of the most headache-inducing things to get ready to release. Regardless of any frustration the prep caused, the music has been totally worth it. I wouldn't say there's a bad track on the album, and what can be perceived as negative is likely a person's genre bias (read: RAWR VOCAL HAET!). This album explores the breadth and depth that the source tunes from the X series can be taken to, whether its bLiNd's Shadowclimber, the Plaid Muffins with Tuck 'N Roll, the 10 minutes extravaganza track by Metal Man, any of Willrock's crossover mixes, Diggi Dis's funkafied deliciousness, or the Middle Eastern rock spin Vurez put on Dusy Dune Devil. Seriously, the variety here is astounding, and so many people coming together to make so much music could have easily fallen out of quality control or not been wrapped up at all.

But it finished, it came out, and now people finally get to listen to it. I hope you enjoy every last second of it that you can, and for what you can't, I hope you at least respect it. Because that's what we're fighting for.

So far, I've only finished the first disc, but I'm really enjoying the album so far. Not a single bad track to be heard as of yet. Tunnel Rhino is surprisingly catchy, I get the feeling the next time I play X3, that'll pop into my head during that stage. Tuck 'n Roll was pretty impressive. I also liked Sigma Opus and Vile Needs to Galvanize, but really, they're all good so far.

Onto Disc Two!

Edit: Disc two was also really good. So far this has been a rock solid album. I've never heard the source before, but Primulaceae Rosa was a very nice track. Dusty Dune Devil, Stay Frosty, Duality, and Shadowclimber are among other tracks that stood out to me on my first listen.

I had to stop seeding for a bit due to network issues. I'm back up and running though, and I'll just leave it on unless I start having issues again.

I'm with General Gilliam though, this was a very welcome surprise after a bad day at work. I'm only halfway through listening to disk 1, and it's stellar work so far.