OCRA-0033 - Mega Man X: Maverick Rising

Bahamut

I almost couldn't believe when I looked through the playlist at the project's website. I think that all the remixes I've been waiting for showed up in this album. I'm freaking out with each tune, man. The songs are really epic, and I'm really grateful to you guys, who worked to create this. As a Mega Man X fan, I'm really happy I can listen to such quality music based on a part of my culture. Thank you guys from OC Remix, and thanks to Capcom as well, despite they abbandoned the franchise and left the fans with nothing but reasons to lose the hope on seeing/controlling Mega Man in new and nice titles.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks everyone for the comments so far! I read them every now and then :) , and appreciate them greatly (even any negative commentary).

Here's a little random tidbit - the name of the album Maverick Rising came out of me recalling the Judas Priest song

, and just the thought of a maverick assault rampaging through made Maverick Rising such a natural name to me.

Thanks everyone for the comments so far! I read them every now and then :) , and appreciate them greatly (even any negative commentary).

Here's a little random tidbit - the name of the album Maverick Rising came out of me recalling the Judas Priest song

, and just the thought of a maverick assault rampaging through made Maverick Rising such a natural name to me.

As a testament to how great Maverick Rising was (everything I'd hoped for, but I can't judge it in comparison to the public hype), I came up with another pipe dream... a Maverick Rising volume 2 that includes, but is far from limited to, ReMixes of Launch Octopus, Flame Mammoth, Wire Sponge, Toxic Seahorse, Volt Catfish, Web Spider, Storm Owl, Split Mushroom, Jet Stingray, and Magma Dragoon. The project would require all of those 10 Mavericks to be ReMixed in either 1 or 2 tracks, with free selection amongst the other tracks, with not yet ReMixed pieces encouraged, and a total of 3 discs (30 to 45 tracks) if a 4th disc would make things too difficult.

• 2 months later...

I've gotten into contact with Teruo Konishi via Twitter (it's the first thing that comes up in a Google search for him btw) a week ago and he replied that he did the two Sigma battle themes for X7, one of which (Our Blood Boils) is the game's sole representative.

With that you can completely remove Makoto Asai and Shuichi Mizohata.

Additionally, given that Hasegawa was in charge of Maverick Hunter X and did all the cinematic music (which naturally includes allusions to Vile's Theme for his story), you can also get rid of Shinya Okada and Seiko Kobuchi.

• 3 months later...

Correction for the song "The Early Crow Gets the Snail (Wind Crowrang vs. Crystal Snail)" on the The Grand Maverick Remix Battle 2010 portion:

Composers are Noriyuki Iwadare & Yuki Iwai.

Noriyuki Iwadare specifically composed X7's Wind Crowrang stage theme (listed as "Higher The Air~Air Force Stage" on the OST). http://vgmdb.net/album/2179 and http://www.squareenixmusic.com/composers/iwadare/biography.shtml for details.

• 8 years later...

I'm getting tired of scouring the entire internet for very specific tracks that no one wants to remix for whatever reason. I have a YouTube channel where I'm trying to make three complete remastered playlists for mega Man X 1 2 and 3 but no matter where I go what I do I'm always missing tracks like the stage intro themes, or the doctor light capsule themes, or even very basic themes like the x Hunter cutscene theme. Not only does it make it impossible since there aren't any remixes of these at all (or even good ones for that matter) but it's frustrating because that means that all three of my playlist will be perpetually incomplete except for the first mega Man X. Let me know if any of you find remixes of the specific tracks because I could really use all the help I can get.

Edited by The_remaster
Post previously incomplete.