OCR02403 - Mega Man X2 "Intruder Alert"

djpretzel

This is one of my favorite tracks from the album. Amazing job! I agree, I really like how the song has a sense of urgency without needing a breakneck tempo. Great incorporation of the rock & orchestral elements, it sounds completely natural and fitting. The cheesy vocal clips in the beginning are fun too :-D. Washudoll's other MR track is amazing too!

This mix gets the adrenaline going. The vocal clip at the beginning is used to great effect, and the song just keeps driving forward from there, showcasing the anxiety of the situation that inspired Washudoll. I think he really knocked it out of the park on this album, and both of his tracks are definitely a couple of my favorite remixes on the project, and possibly some of my favorite remixes of all time. Just astounding work from Dihaz!

This is so well crafted. I'm especially impressed by the effective use of the orchestral instruments. Often when orchestral samples are used they just.....well, don't sound that great. Here, though, they are used to expert effect. DJP sums up the use of different styles here. Very well done. Its like no single element had to be sacrificed. I could go on at how amazingly well the different aspects are done here, but to put it simply, I love it and so should everyone else.......in my humble opinion that is :razz:

• 3 months later...

I absolutely love this mix - the arrangement remains fresh throughout and varies greatly while focusing on the Magna Centipede source. I think Washudoll knocks this one out of the park with the arrangement and it remains as a favorite from Maverick Rising for me due to the strength of arrangement. My main gripe is that I feel it ends too quickly :( .

Love Washudoll's work on the album and it really showcases his skill.

• 10 months later...

That intro with the "emergency alert" voice was so well done, you can just picture a break-in at a high tech facility perfectly. Both this and the other track on the album that Washudoll has done take the sources to another level easily and the combination of orchestra and rock makes for a very exciting ReMix. Lots of energy and makes great use of every part of the source, which is cool. Awesome ReMix of Magna Centipede, Washudoll!

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02403 - Mega Man X2 "Intruder Alert"