Sonic The Hedgehog Marble Zone Dubstep Remix

Skizor

Sup y'all

This is not my first remix, but i think this one got the most potential for a great dubstep track.

For the original track i really like the "refrain" so i choose to build the track on that part.

I appreciate all constructive critisism and specific on the downmix part.

I remixed this in Reason 4 and im still learning how to use this DAW.

If you think it's too messy plz tell me :-D

Tripping in the marble zone take one:

http://soundcloud.com/skizor/tripping-in-the-marble-zone

Thanks y'all

-Skizor

There are a lot of good ideas here, but as is, the song sounds incomplete. In particular, the soundscape as a whole sounds very empty. You need more there to fill up the sound, try some pads playing some long held notes and a stronger bass foundation, particularly the pads though, that should help a lot. Your lead synth that plays throughout most of the song sounds very bland as well, which is quite the contrast from some of the interesting countermelody bits you have going on. The lead just feels like it needs some more life. Play around with the EQ, add some filters to it, stuff like vibrato, tremolo, etc. Some crescendos, decrescendos will help too.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of dubstep, but this doesn't sound very dusteppy. I can hear what you're trying to do, but your bass and drums are far too weak. They should be IN YOUR FACE!

Overall I like your start though, this could be very promising. Nice work.