OCR02842 - *YES* Mega Man X3 'Bibamus, Moriendum Est'

OceansAndrew

Your ReMixer name - Cyril the Wolf

Your real name - Connor Pelkey

Your website = none at the times

Your userid (number, not name) on our forums, found by viewing your forum profile

e.g. djpretzel (http://ocremix.org/forums/member.php?u=1) has the userid of "1"

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged - Mega Man X 3

Name of arrangement: Bibamus Moriendum, Est

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Boss 1, Boss 2, Doppler Demo

All my comments on this mix are basically... I really like metal. Thanks to Brandon Snell for his guitar work! The title is a quote from Seneca the Elder a Roman Senator saying "Let us drink – we must die."

I wish I could update this ,but the project file was lost in an unfortunate smelting accident.

Edited by djpretzel

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDcCeTzaCZo - Boss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhz-AkxDc3U&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL63638841CD0EC110 - boss intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QcONLI6rTM- Doppler Demo (Not sure if this is the correct source for that)

-----------------------------

Very brutal. I love that you picked some themes that wouldn't normally be considered. Metal definitely works for these themes, and I like the strong approach to all of them. Overall I do wish there was a little more development of the actual track, and wish you could expand more on the themes, but with the project files gone, I'm still OK giving this a pass as is.

YES

• 5 weeks later...

Cool vocal effect to start things out, and some rocking, followed by harmonize screaming. This has a lot of style going for it. I do feel like there is just a lot of chug chuggin and not much melody for the duration, but it accurately portrays the largely rhythmic sources. I do wish it was going a little further, but the level of expansion already here is enough to take the source to the next level. The recordings are punchy, and there are some cool moments that give it personality. It’s close, but I’ll be voting

Yes

the drums felt pretty thin to me, and the sequencing a bit stiff, but overall the production was pretty serviceable and the arrangement was definitely rocking. agreed with OA's comment about the lack of a strong melody for a lot of the track, but like him I thought the variation in the rhythms and such kept it really fresh. have another

YES

• 3 weeks later...

The arrangement here is pretty damn cool. Great job picking sources that meld so well together. Agree with the judges on arrangement concerns, but its been covered and it still checks out for me.

The production is decent, but I find it interesting that no one has mentioned what to me are quite obvious production flaws. The rhythm guitars, while punchy, and sounding damn awesome, are far too loud. Everything else gets pushed to the side, minus the drums. Its hard to hear the keyboards, and thus alot of elements are getting buried by the rhythms. Even the solos are hard to hear under the rhythm. Its a small and easy fix that would make this track so much more balanced, and would bring out alot of buried details in your mix. A less pressing issue is the drums, which are rather mechanically sequenced, and have rather iffy sample quality, particularly the kick.

OA's right, this is a close vote, and I'm leaning on conditional based on rhythm volume fix. Thats quite a big issue thats holding this one back from its full potential and its just a fader adjustment away from me signing off on it. Otherwise, this is solid, good work!

YES (conditional on rhythm adjustment)

I can go ahead and close this out. It's somewhat liberal, but the main boss rhythm is present most of the time. I like that you were able to take such a unmelodic source and turn it into something this fleshed out in that way. While not perfect, I think this was a lot crisper than the last production I heard from you, Connor, so keep up the good work! I did hear some clipping at 1:38 and other places though. That certainly should be fixed before this gets posted.

YES (conditional on clipping fix)

• 4 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02842 - *YES* Mega Man X3 'Bibamus, Moriendum Est'