Return of Toonami?

I realize this is a few days late, and no, I'm not referring to

specifically. (Though if you haven't seen it, go watch it. It's worth it.)

What I am talking about is this: https://twitter.com/#!/adultswim/status/187004036824834049

Apparently since Adult Swim's April Fools prank was so well received, they're gauging interest in possibly bringing back Toonami.

Also, Cartoon Network conveniently happens to have a Toonami category in their feedback category.

O_O if this actually happens and they make it as good as pre-Thomas-the-Train Tom, I will freakin' scream like a schoolgirl. Toonami was AMAZING.

EDIT: perhaps I'll play some Deep Space Bass tracks on this week's show to celebrate this possibility :mrgreen:

speaking of deep space bass is there a soundtrack for toonami/where/how can i get it

What, giving Tim and Eric multiple shows and a movie isn't filling the coffers at Turner Broadcasting?

And Andrew W.K. isn't killing it with his live, kids pretend to do stuff, but really the adults do everything, show?

Don't get me wrong, I like a few AS shows, but they have practically abandoned almost everything that was cool and "cartoon-y" about the network.

The return of Toonami, might be the best move they've made in half a decade. Aside from keeping Venture Bros on the air.

Don't get me wrong, I like a few AS shows, but they have practically abandoned almost everything that was cool and "cartoon-y" about the network.

The return of Toonami, might be the best move they've made in half a decade. Aside from keeping Venture Bros on the air.

The blame can all be put on the idiots in Atlanta that thought the Mooninites Viral marketing blitz for the ATHF movie were "terrorist" markings. The CEO of Turner resigned because of the debacle it became. While Sym-Bionic Titan may not have been as big as Samurai Jack or Dexter's Lab, it was showing potential (I personally LOVED the show), but was axed because they didn't think they could make enough toys off it. Tartakovsky left because of CN doing that. To me, the Network is not even a shell of its former self, it's worse. I haven't watched the channel in years.

As bad as Cartoon Network's programming is now (Adv. Time, Regular Show, Clone Wars, Adult Swim NOW, countless others), I don't expect anything good from them trying to revitalize Toonami, not by a long shot.

As far as I'm concerned, you're all better off going here, Toonami Aftermath. They may not play all that I want to see when I can view it, but at the very least they have a decent amount of shows, more than what I believe they'll try to put on a return of Toonami.

i stopped watching as soon as the channel started doing live action comedy shows, I'm sorry but that's not a cartoon

by then they had just finished the last showing of dragonball z,

they had already took off samurai jack, justice league and megasxlr, only teen titans was left anyway and they barely showed it anyway.

Those were the only shows i watched on toonami anyway.

toadofsky, thank you for the link dude, i really appreciate it

As bad as Cartoon Network's programming is now (Adv. Time, Regular Show, Clone Wars, Adult Swim NOW, countless others), I don't expect anything good from them trying to revitalize Toonami, not by a long shot.

You're right. I wouldn't expect miracles either, but hey, maybe something will finally click...

If they're taking the outpouring for the return of Toonami at all seriously, it's at least a small step in the right direction. But I know, we shouldn't get our hopes up.

As far as I'm concerned, you're all better off going here, Toonami Aftermath. They may not play all that I want to see when I can view it, but at the very least they have a decent amount of shows, more than what I believe they'll try to put on a return of Toonami.

Cool link. Thanks!

The blame can all be put on the idiots in Atlanta that thought the Mooninites Viral marketing blitz for the ATHF movie were "terrorist" markings. The CEO of Turner resigned because of the debacle it became. While Sym-Bionic Titan may not have been as big as Samurai Jack or Dexter's Lab, it was showing potential (I personally LOVED the show), but was axed because they didn't think they could make enough toys off it. Tartakovsky left because of CN doing that. To me, the Network is not even a shell of its former self, it's worse. I haven't watched the channel in years.

Bringing back Toonami would be meaningless unless they got some good programming like it used to have.

Samurai Jack, Sym-Bionic Titan, Justice League/Justice League Unlimited, etc.

And they should kill the current CGI incarnation of the Clone Wars and replace it with more of Tartakovsky's brilliant animated version. That shit was incredible.

All of these possibilities are long shots, so it's probably also a long shot that we'll see the return of a Toonami in its former glory.

Bringing back Toonami would be meaningless unless they got some good programming like it used to have.

Samurai Jack, Sym-Bionic Titan, Justice League/Justice League Unlimited, etc.

And they should kill the current CGI incarnation of the Clone Wars and replace it with more of Tartakovsky's brilliant animated version. That shit was incredible.

All of these possibilities are long shots, so it's probably also a long shot that we'll see the return of a Toonami in its former glory.

JLU was fantastic, my wife dislikes "serious" cartoons, but she really enjoyed watching that series with me some time ago.

I'm getting real tired of seeing a bunch of these CG cartoons that have been coming out. I actually enjoyed Clone Wars, but when they brought back Darth Maul, I immediately lost interest. It was nothing more than a shameless plug for Episode 1 3D (LOL). Dave Filoni sometime ago requested to put Darth Maul in the series, but Lucas said no, thus Savage Oppress.

Don't get me wrong, the animation in Clone Wars has become leaps and bounds better than when it started, it's more expressive, much more fluid, but Tartakovsky's series was better. Sym-Bionic Titan was Tartakovsky at the top of his game, his style to me was perfected in that series and how Star Wars would look now with his art-style, it's a shame Lucas didn't go back with him. As far as CG in TV cartoons go, I can't say anything good about every other series that's coming out/is out (Kung Fu Panda series, Green Lantern, etc.) But that just shows how cheap the networks are willing to go I guess.

your opinion is a stupid opinion

Absolutely riveting thought analysis.

Oh, I did forget to mention The Looney Tunes Show sucks as well.... TROLOLOLO-LOLOLOL!!!

That's pretty true, but on a similar note, Cartoon Network did bring back

Planet hosted by Brak and Zorak and digging out some old Cartoon Cartoons, so I think the chances of them providing some quality programming would be pretty decent.

There's nothing wrong with having an opinion. I can't stand adventure time either. I know I'm not being fair, but the art style is just so bad that I won't even give it a chance. No, I liked CN when they put serious stuff on like toonami. But then I saw Saul of the Mole Men and I forever stopped watching CN.

Planet hosted by Brak and Zorak and digging out some old Cartoon Cartoons, so I think the chances of them providing some quality programming would be pretty decent.

How was I not aware of this? Man, I just had a major flashback watching the trailer for Cartoon Planet.

What would be really cool is if they also played those old "What a Cartoon!" shorts that started all of the Cartoon Cartoons.

I own the Cartoon Planet CDs.

I own every season of Space Ghost Coast to Coast on DVD.

I even bought the Space Ghost comic book by DC.

This is like the best thing ever.

• 1 month later...