PRC216 - Results are in: A Monkey Hero, But Not Donkey Kong (Monkey Hero)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 216

PRCv9-08

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Last round JerryTerry entered with a track which had the longest length since a while. Because it was a very good song too, it won by unanimous decision. Darren Schwinghamer wasn't able to stop him, but he can look back on a good PRC debut with a nice track and a nice second place. Chickenwarlord did the promotion song for the April Fools joke VocalClockedRemix, and claimed the originality price and the last place wooden spoon.

This round's source is selected by JerryTerry:

My choice for this round of the PRC is Library from Monkey Hero on the PS1. The game was little-known, and the soundtrack was underrated - plus I'm in the middle of doing a piano arrangement of the track, so it was the first BGM that came to mind. Understandably I couldn't find a midi of this track anywhere, so I spent the last few hours sequencing my own midi by ear from YouTube, and uploaded it to VGMusic.

Midi backup: http://www.vgmusic.com/new-files/Library-v1_1.mid

(Note that it seems to play much slower in the browser. And though it may sound like it's just repeating at the halfway point, a new part comes in toward the end)

PRC216.jpg

Source: Monkey Hero (PS1) - Library

MID

Wikipedia

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

When you are not able to login, don't click on the 'click here to submit an entry' button, but click on the 'you are not logged in' button on the right top of the screen. Perhaps using Firefox or Google Chrome works as well.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by TUESDAY APRIL 17th 2012 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of last round can take part by submitting a bonus mix, but he cannot win the round and get any votes.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly attempted this one. Genre is a little out side my comfort zone I guess because I couldn't come up with anything appealing. I tried to take a reggae/ska approach (something I've never done mind you), but it sounded a lot better in my head until I translated it into a remix lol I wish I was more versatile sometimes

ThaSauce is down at the moment, when anyone has problems just upload the song somewhere else and post a working link in this thread.

Let's hope everything works again before the deadline/voting. I already received one track by Chickenwarlord (@ ThaSauce when it was working).

EDIT: Via my signature I was able to visit the ThaSauce page, so you might want to try that if problems occur.

And the winner of PRC216 is Chickenwarlord!!

Congratulations Chickenwarlord. Because you are the only entrant, you are the only winner of this round.

Voting stage is still open, everyone is free to leave comments here or at ThaSauce. When I receive the source, voting will be closed immediatly, comments can be written in this thread as well.

Chickenwarlord, you may select a source for PRC217. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).