Chrono trigger - Black Omen

Rockos

• 2 months later...

Interesting take on the song!

A few comments:

- The snare is quite high-pitched, it doesn't sound powerful at all.

- The lead at the beggining is quite tiring. You could try switching it with another lead in some passages (tbh the sound of this lead irks me a bit, but I guess it's part of this style).

- Talking about overhaul, the section beggining at 3:50 could be changed a lot. This type of effect has been used quite a bit on the song already, so you could try introducing a different type of sample. Maybe even a regular piano sound?

- Section beggining at 4:25 is quite cool, specially since that lead isn't the center of the song there! I don't like fade-outs though :pretzel:

I think you could use more variety in the leads/samples and this could become an amazing song! So far it's good but a bit tiring.

Hey man, this is a neat take on the source.

Not generally a fan of drum/dubstep, but this has good a lot of good stuff going on here. :)

I don't really have anything to critique, other than the very first instrument you introducce is very...piercing. The high end frequencies really dig into your ears at decent volumes.

...actually, giving it a second listen, a lot of the track is very heavy in the high end frequencies. Not sure if that is the style of dubstep or not (I've heard all of a half of song, so I'm no expert :P). But, to a casual listener, the hi end here can make it rather difficult to listen to for too long.

Aside from that, this is really good stuff. :)

The intro is def the best part. The hi-ptiched has got to go. It is piercing through the soundscape in a bad way. The type of lead from this track would work:

The main sections of the track feel a little helter skelter. There is too much going on and each part does not play off of each other. Nor do they really support each other to create the sense of a greater whole. The sum of parts is always greater than any individual part.

I can understand why this synth would be off-putting to most, but I know this exact synth was lifted off a drum & bass track and I can't remember what it was called now...

BTW Rockos if you still want to collaborate, I have already actually tried remixing this CT track a while ago but never got it public. It feel that it's an overlooked track of CT surprisingly. Still drum & bass but it's different sounding enough from yours. Just don't know how long I can spend working on it... it's sweltering hot in my main computer room and I don't like staying there for long in this weather :<

I can understand why this synth would be off-putting to most, but I know this exact synth was lifted off a drum & bass track and I can't remember what it was called now...

BTW Rockos if you still want to collaborate, I have already actually tried remixing this CT track a while ago but never got it public. It feel that it's an overlooked track of CT surprisingly. Still drum & bass but it's different sounding enough from yours. Just don't know how long I can spend working on it... it's sweltering hot in my main computer room and I don't like staying there for long in this weather :<

K Do you have any way we can chat like skype and sends file.