OCR02416 - Final Fantasy X "Battle in the Far North"

djpretzel

Its very nice to see an orchestral ReMix. This is very well done, the source is recogniseable and there is significant expansion on the original. The textures make this track very enjoyable. It does sound as though it could be used seemlessly alongside the game's soundtrack. I'd agree that there could have been a little more melodic writing, but great stuff!

• 3 weeks later...

2nd bird cry aside, your take on this piece was fantastic. I have to say that I used to listen to this specific piece on my FFX OST all the time. I loved it because it was calming and relaxing and thinking about all the snow really sent me back home for a while.

The way that you remixed this was impressive to say the least. The diminished melody, along with the entire tense feeling the entire piece had me wondering where you were going next. True, a little more variety and subtle changes may have made this more INTERESTING, but at the very least, this song is going in my playlist as well. You've done a fantastic job. Congrats on your debut! I look forward to hearing more!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Funny how I commented on the source a few days ago & how when I got up to Mt. Gagazet, the game broke me, and I come upon this mix. Despite that, I still love the source material, and this mix is a unique take on the beautiful melody. It crafts an atmosphere of an impending battle with its forward moving orchestra, only to pull back near the end into a gentle unknown.

This is a well-done piece overall, and I love it!

• 10 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02416 - Final Fantasy X "Battle in the Far North"