SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

Sorry for repeat posting. I made a YouTube playlist of all the themes from the Robotnik bracket, including the different acts/times:

Cool! Good idea, thanks for doing that! Maybe someone can make one for the Sonic bracket too?

Thanks for the sig, and I will actually use it, even though I am still trying to pimp The Wettening in FUTILITY. Oh well. :-D No matter I guess, thanks.

Thanks! And I enjoyed The Wettening... your bubble shield avatar is a nice tribute to it as well :-D

Move over, WCRG! That was SO two compos ago!

Except your new sig image still links to the WCRG thread, might want to update that too :razz:

And if you guys liked the sigs, just wait till you see the bracket images...

If I go against AkumajoBelmont, I'll first cry and then attempt the most amazing 80's synth rock track Sonic will ever see :D (Not gonna lie, I'm most likely gonna try the 80's thing regardless)
80's is awesome, and 80's doesn't never die. Pretty much everything I do is some form of 80's influenced synth-pop stuff though, cause that's what I love doing, so judging by what ya'll are saying, I'm expecting a synth-pop duel to the death!!! :) I got Tidal Tempest on my side though - there's not very many 'vidyah gaem' tracks I like more than anything from the real Sonic CD OST (let alone TIDALFREAKINGTEMPEST), so this time round, it's all nostalgia and passion that'll drive me. Funnily enough, I'm not a competitive person at all... but I love me these comps - being forced to finish (or nearly finish) a track every week gets me going.

(Jumps on bandwagon) If I ever faced AkumajoBelmont...

Ah, heck, I'm just flat out looking forward to this! Awesome sources and awesome remixers, so I'm gonna really have to give it my all for each round. Fun! :-D

If I can make it past one round... just one round... I'll be quite excited!

OK - Robotnik Bracket sigs are here too!

Now I feel bad that you've put all this effort into it, because it'll only be used once in the compo.

Awesome sig is awesome! :nicework:

There's me and I'm in your bracket, so if we're matched up you'd probably have a good chance to get past round 1.

Not if you make dubstep/chiptune and have a handful of trendy friends to vote for ya. ;)

Sorry for repeat posting. I made a YouTube playlist of all the themes from the Robotnik bracket, including the different acts/times:

I'll be listening through this to familiarize myself with everybody's themes, and I thought it would be helpful if everyone else had access to it also.

Great idea. Thanks for putting that list together, it'll save everyone a lot of time I'm sure.

Though you can remove the 'Chun Nan Night' theme, since I'll only use the Day version. ;)

And to get it on with our top reality show of the week: if I ever faced Akumajo Belmont in a turn-tabling contest...

Well, it would mean that everyone in my bracket were bad enough to get beaten by a deaf guy who makes music with a gamepad.

So, yeah. See you on the VROOM project Robbie. :)

If I ever faced AkumajoBelmont, I will definitely NOT fuse rock n' roll with organic instruments like the time we clashed in the WCRG. :<

Also:

Well, looks like it's shaping up to be a "Ben Briggs vs Gario" finale. ;P

Seriously though, the roaster is packed full of cool OCR peeps on both sides.

I'll be lucky to get even one point, let alone make it past the First Round.

Any other noob in there besides me?

Come on Mokram, you're not a noob; "The Desert Has a Strange Dream" is waiting to be posted right now, and I saw a lot of potential in your style since my last days of involvement with the PRC. I'm pretty sure you'll fight the good fight in your bracket :D

80's is awesome, and 80's doesn't never die. Pretty much everything I do is some form of 80's influenced synth-pop stuff though, cause that's what I love doing, so judging by what ya'll are saying, I'm expecting a synth-pop duel to the death!!! :) I got Tidal Tempest on my side though - there's not very many 'vidyah gaem' tracks I like more than anything from the real Sonic CD OST (let alone TIDALFREAKINGTEMPEST), so this time round, it's all nostalgia and passion that'll drive me. Funnily enough, I'm not a competitive person at all... but I love me these comps - being forced to finish (or nearly finish) a track every week gets me going.

I would defeat akumajo's 80s vocal pop with my oddly panned but awesome 60s vocal pop

I just realized you're not even in my bracket and I'll never get to go up against you... /sad

Also these contests usually result in NOTHING. But I want to throw this out there:

I will create a digital painting for the winner of this contest. Size will probably be 1920x1080 pixels just so you could use it as a wallpaper.

Since a lot of people want to go all 80s on Akumajo, I'll do a shameless self-promotion and link my collection of 80s spacesynth and italo disco patches for Reason here

Add some linndrum and you're set to melt his face with tubular sounds.

Ooooooh, must check it out - I have that said Linndrum to addage... :) I agree with this shameless plug :)

I'm not gonna lie Nuts, I'm super disapointed that I can't use your synth patches as I bet they're amazing. I remember your 80's and 90's styled tracks from WCRG and they were so enjoyable. Perhaps I'll have a look at them in Reason and try to recreate them in another synth :)

Ok, I will probably add my custom spacesynth and 80s synthpop patches for GTG JP-1, Synth 1 and TAL-U-NO 60 later this week so they can be used on other daws like fruity loops and ableton.

Those VSTs are all I use for my 80s style tracks(when i'm not working in Reason), and they are all free to download from their respective sites.