OCR01395 - Artura "Dublin Delight"

djpretzel

One of the most awesome songs on RKO finds its way to OCR in a diplomatic display of cross culture charity (lit'rally).

All jokedness aside, this mix is hot. Makke makes mixes that are hot. His production is hot. Makke himself is hot...

profilemakke4ue.jpg

Enough rambling. If you don't have this already...well, you should.

Furthermore, what the hell was up with djp's writeup. Someone better get that bottle of Merlot away from him. :P

All jokedness aside, this mix is hot. Makke makes mixes that are hot. His production is hot. Makke himself is hot...

Hahaha! Thanks.

Hope everyone will enjoy this little ditty. I was going to work even more on it, but I just had to tell myself to stop. Plus it's better if it's a bit rough around the edges, as it gives it a more genuine feel.

By the way; loved your Paperboy thing, Mythril Nazgul!

By the way; loved your Paperboy thing, Mythril Nazgul!

Thanks! Hopefully it'll be up here soon. I'd actually look forward to any tips/comments you might have regarding vocal production, seeing as how you do it so well (As this and previous songs show).

ps: I have an older C64 hip hop mix that I'm contemplating subbing to RKO. It might be there soon, if I decide it's good enough.

I'd actually look forward to any tips/comments you might have regarding vocal production, seeing as how you do it so well (As this and previous songs show).

Don't know if I can give you any tips, since I think your voice on Paperboy sounds pretty damn good.

ps: I have an older C64 hip hop mix that I'm contemplating subbing to RKO. It might be there soon, if I decide it's good enough.

Cool. I'll be looking forward to hearing it. I'm so 'leet I got access to the queue, you know (Oh! I rhymed and I didn't even mean to!). ;)

Oh man, this absolutely rocks my world. It's a rare event for me to post a review at all too :P I think everyone's really hit the nail on the head with this. You'd think you were listening to Flogging Molly or some Irish folk band. The lyrics are absolutely genius. The percussion is dead on from what I've heard of music like this (and I know a few local groups who play in this style). The hollow sounding drum in the background sounds perfect. I know exactly what instrument it is/is supposed to be. I can envision actually seeing it being played. The flutes and strings are great. I think where you really shine the most is the singing. You got the main vocals and backups down pat. Also the way you kinda barge through a lot of the lyrics without pause. The only part that's kinda harsh on the ears is the chanting section, but if that were any cleaner it totally wouldn't work. All in all, I think you've got a solid mix here in anyway. Sounds VERY professional. That said, I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else: Too short, give us moooooore! :P Looking forward to future releases.

-Karrde-

This was bloody hilarious. Somewhat reminiscent of The Highwayman, but much lighter. Yet again, a Commodore-based remix amazes me. I had a Commodore 64, and most of the games I had for it didn't really have much in the way of music(Zork, Little Computer People, that sort of thing).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01395 - Artura "Dublin Delight"