I'm new here, looking for advice

Nerdi_Master

I'm planning on doing my own remixes, but I'm not entirely sure where to start. I'm a beginner, so I don't know if I should shell out the cash for any super expensive music software right away. I've looked into several including Fruity Loops Studio, but the price definitely has me hesitant, plus other cheaper software doesn't seem to be able to create tracks in mp3 format which is required here. I also have some traditional instruments, but I don't know how to record with those either without any air or background noise. Does anyone have any advice on inexpensive or free software to just play around with and learn until I get the hang of doing major stuff? I'd like to do both electronic and rock remixes. Sorry in advance if this requires a huge answer, like I said I'm a beginner so I have no idea exactly how simple or complicated this stuff can be lol.

Huge answer.

Note that just because they don't limit the demo doesn't mean you shouldn't pay for it. Anyway, that, like most DAWs, is a fairly basic set of tools. If you want more advanced stuff, you buy more tools - aka plugins.

You can also read the guide here, or any of the other getting started-type guides on the site.

Welcome to ocr. :D

There's free programs that help convert audio formats as well, such as audacity which allows quite alot as well as dvdvideosoft audio convert program.

As for instruments recording, the only one i might be able to help with is the electric guitar which usually have a input plug for amps, which you can plug into the p.c's microphone input via a speaker cable you usually get nowadays with modern desktop p.c's.

Audacity might help with cleaning up the audio recording perhaps seeing as there's a option to take out vocals in there.

Hopefully that will help on the more technical side of things.

Good luck