mario kart 64 - rainbow road WIP

tekcoh_top

The low strings are beautiful, but the lead sometimes has a mechanical ring to it, so perhaps humanizing it with reverb + delay would help. Also the snare that comes in is just too soft. It needs some more presence. Other than working on your sounds, I enjoy how you've arranged it, your use of dynamics is keeps me attached to the song, and I definitely would love to see N64 Rainbow Road get some love!

Alright thanks for the input. I'll try to mess with the snares a bit, and also play around with some of the balancing. Also, do you guys feel like any instruments or parts are missing? I dont have much background in symphonic outside of chamber orxhestra (violins viola cello bass). Appreciate the feedback, and leave more if you guys think of any!

This is a really great arrangement of Rainbow Road. Love the nostalgic tempo and key changes you've made. I agree that the snare needs a bit more presence. I'm a bit of a pushover when it comes to orchestral arrangements, however. ;D

Agreeing with Skrypnyk here, after the timpani comes in, your melody needs more dominance instead of the countermelodies.

By the way, your orchestral arranging (esp. with the french horns) seems great. No need to worry.

Great job! Looking forward to a wonderful arrangement of one of my favorite soundtracks!

Have you checked out the work-in-progress Mario Kart album? I know Metal Man claimed Rainbow Road N64/GCN...but perhaps pokemoneinstein will allow you to propose a soley N64 rainbow road? I think it would fit in nicely.

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37982&page=10

Have you checked out the work-in-progress Mario Kart album? I know Metal Man claimed Rainbow Road N64/GCN...but perhaps pokemoneinstein will allow you to propose a soley N64 rainbow road? I think it would fit in nicely.

I completely agree. While I was originally excited for a chance to do Rainbow Road, I have found a comfortable spot with Super's Title and Double Dash's Menu. I definitely think this would be great for the album.

• 2 weeks later...