A Sad Song

https://www.box.com/files/0/f/265858913/1/f_2087338905

It's not very long but again, it's a work in progress. I'm not sure whether it would be considered a dirge or a requiem, depends on whom it is addressed too I guess.

This is my first "could be considered done" song, some feedback would be helpful :)

If that link doesn't work try this: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/theunforgivn/

It's really good, I like the progression! What samples and daw did you use?

My friend had garageband so I just plugged in a keyboard and used grand piano, a string ensemble (both of which comes with garageband), and we downloaded and used a choir synth... Sorry I can't expound to much on it, my friend really took care of the garageband part. It was my first time working with MIDI so I just played the parts and watched him do his stuff on garageband.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the sad feeling of this song. I also like that it's a piano arrangement.

You've got some good progressions going on here.

Not much that I can say is bad here, there are very few songs like this that I've critiqued that are badly composed.

You definitely know what you're doing. Is this song finished, or are you planning on adding more?

Either way, I like what is done. Keep it up! :)

Not much that I can say is bad here, there are very few songs like this that I've critiqued that are badly composed.

You definitely know what you're doing. Is this song finished, or are you planning on adding more?

I'm going to try and continue with it.

• 1 month later...

Thank you, and yes I plan on adding more, it's just that I'm thinking about what next to add. I've been working on my piano skills itself and not on composition lately. I'm thinking about a full out symphony for the next part or some sort of interlude. I'll keep in touch with you guys when I finish the piece.