LoZ Link to the past - Castle song remix. ('Hy-rule' in a castle)

Rockos

I absolutely love this concept. The beginning reminds me a lot of chthonic's 'Farore Lies in Wait' with the dithered in-game effects. Really nice vibe throughout. It feels kinda sparse as is, but then again it's a work-in-progress :D

Also might I recommend cleaning up/replacing that snare sample...I understand it might have been an intended effect with a lo-fi sort of thing, but it just sounds kinda weak.

Keep going with this dude...again I LOVE the idea :D

P.S. I still haven't forgotten about our collab. I promise I'll get started on it soon X(

I fucking love that synth at 1:30. Just saying.

Yep, this is good stuff so far. Not sure if you've fixed up the snare sample at all, but if you haven't then it's grown on me :D I like the effect it gives.

Suggestion: I feel like a bit of reverb on the wub would work wonders for the soundscape during the drop here. It's already pretty good, really dark and mysterious, and I love that in dubstep...but I THINK a bit of reverb (with a high low-cut setting) would really put it over the top in that category.

Upon another listen, the kick sounds a bit soft to me, I would make it just a BIT louder.

KEEP GOING MANNNN

DUDE THE SYNTH AT 1:30 IS TOTALLY BALLER.

But I have to say, in my opinion you should whenever its just the LFO talking bass thing you should try and have something take up a bit more of the high end, it kind of feels like too much mid and lows when it was just the drums and the bass. Though once the synth came in it was WAY cooler. And a little note I thought the snare was a bit over compressed for it to sound legit, it kind of sounds crammed.

But otherwise it was VERY good, and I hope none of those bits of criticism was things that you haven't worked out yet cause it's early or something though lol.

This is a pretty neat concept for sure. I'm surprised it works as well as it does. I feel like everything is fine up until 1 minute in. The samples aren't quite cutting it after the drop, because the wub bass and the drums aren't quite taking up enough of the frequency range. Generally, i'm hearing alot of bass, but not enough crispness to the samples at 1:00 onwards... i'd focus on trying to layer down more samples but focus a little more on treble content. Listen to other music from dubstep producers like shrillex and use them as comparisons with the production of your own music.

For the most part, the mixing sounds clear, but there is a bit too much release on that bell like synth at 2:00 which serves to muddy up your soundscape somewhat. I'd either eq that to clear up some space or remove the release.

Generally this is pretty strong stuff, keep working at it and you could see a front page mix :)

It's still baller! I wasn't able to catch every nuance that you have here, but I have to say from my own personal stand point you probably could push it a bit further.

Some how.

I always get anxious before a track is close to finished because that's usually the point when I do something crazy that tops it off like in my song SCB, the last part that had a giant pulsating pad actually came from experiment cause I didn't like just ending it with the chorus I had.

So my bit of advice is just try and make sure YOU are totally satisfied with YOUR track before you call it finished.

More finished and polished stuff right here: http://soundcloud.com/rockos-1/rockos-zelda-lttp-castle-2

Please comment. :D

Edit: For those interested to see how this project evolved, I kept the part 1, 4, 5.

Part 1:http://soundcloud.com/rockos-1/rockos-zelda-lttp-castle-remix

Part 5:http://soundcloud.com/rockos-1/rockos-zelda-lttp-castle-1

I agree with Will: I'm surprised that this works so well! In the first listen I had my doubts about the low-on-hearts indicator but it works like a charm and complements the track well!

The kick-back at 2:55 is awesome. I was expecting it earlier, but doing it this way got me off-guard. It is awesome... The ending is a bit of a let down, though, you really should look into expanding it and give it a proper finish :)

[EDIT] This sounds good over the speakersystem iof a club :nicework:

It's still baller! I wasn't able to catch every nuance that you have here, but I have to say from my own personal stand point you probably could push it a bit further.

Some how.

I always get anxious before a track is close to finished because that's usually the point when I do something crazy that tops it off like in my song SCB, the last part that had a giant pulsating pad actually came from experiment cause I didn't like just ending it with the chorus I had.

So my bit of advice is just try and make sure YOU are totally satisfied with YOUR track before you call it finished.

I agree with Will: I'm surprised that this works so well! In the first listen I had my doubts about the low-on-hearts indicator but it works like a charm and complements the track well!

The kick-back at 2:55 is awesome. I was expecting it earlier, but doing it this way got me off-guard. It is awesome... The ending is a bit of a let down, though, you really should look into expanding it and give it a proper finish :)

[EDIT] This sounds good over the speakersystem iof a club :nicework:

So I went out and worked on this. Please comment the last part since I'm not a trance writter. I do love trance, but I don't know if I got it right.

Remix: http://soundcloud.com/rockos-1/rockos-zelda-lttp-castle-2

I'm a bad waiter. Hurry up! :P

Oh, and I think some of the others need to kick in to make sure this gets posted. It deserves it :)

[EDIT] Listening back, you could get away with a small fade-out at 4:13, omitting the rest. If you have the time, try to mix it in with

; I think the tracks work very nice with eachother :)

I really like where you've been going with this! If you push it a bit further and polish it like your dress shoes before your wedding day I think this is OCRemix material. I like how you've been taking the trance part at the end, but I think you can add a bit more pad type synths maybe? I definitely know from hearing it that you could do one or two more cool chords as a nice variation after a few repeats. Sounds fantastic, keep making music man!

• 1 month later...