older DAWS :D

Whats with all the FL10 hate? It added the one feature I had desperately desired for years. (A way to merge patterns together), better delay compensation, etc. I remember the days of 7, constantly having projects corrupt, think I'd rather stick to the current version.

Edit: I'm apparently the idiot who missed the trolling queue. >_>

Whats with all the FL10 hate? It added the one feature I had desperately desired for years. (A way to merge patterns together) I remember the days of 7, constantly having projects corrupt, think I'd rather stick to the current version.

Edit: I'm apparently the idiot who missed the trolling queue. >_>

Might be a troll post but I hate the new default piano roll and how it's zooming is inconsistent with the playlist(and really I don't like any of the ways it handles zooming vertically, obnoxious because it auto resizes too...), and if you just use the old PR it will revert to the ABC PR at random and every time you open a new song. Most of everything else is reversible through the options but I swear FL is becoming a less efficient program with every version, especially before you go in and spend like half an hour fixing the default settings. Saw a topic by neblix on looptalk earlier that reminded me of this

http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=92305

I hope he activated this by accident and this isn't another example of them making the default settings worse

I hope he activated this by accident and this isn't another example of them making the default settings worse

Yeah that was a really bad mistake on my part. However, they did change the zoom piano roll shortcuts. Instead of pressing "2" for example for small, decent sized sixteenths, you have to press "Shift+2". So their piano roll is slowly degrading. X_X

Might be a troll post but I hate the new default piano roll and how it's zooming is inconsistent with the playlist(and really I don't like any of the ways it handles zooming vertically, obnoxious because it auto resizes too...), and if you just use the old PR it will revert to the ABC PR at random and every time you open a new song. Most of everything else is reversible through the options but I swear FL is becoming a less efficient program with every version, especially before you go in and spend like half an hour fixing the default settings. Saw a topic by neblix on looptalk earlier that reminded me of this

No, I ain't trolling, I really don't like FL 10. The piano roll is the biggest pet peeve for me here as well, but I also don't like how they changed the pattern system - which may be more efficient to some, but eh, I got used to FL7's (and still prefer it) - but yeah, I did notice that FL7 did get corrupt files here and there >.<, I'm willing to take the risk though.

but I also don't like how they changed the pattern system - which may be more efficient to some, but eh, I got used to FL7's (and still prefer it)

I can't believe people are STILL complaining about this after a few years since FL9 came out.

Go to Options > General Settings > Enable Legacy Pattern Blocks. Bejeezus. >_> (yeah they're still there)

You guys are complaining about FLs piano roll? Has christmas come early or am I dreaming? :D

FL 10.5 Beta came. (Which is like FL11 coming early, which is like christmas coming early, so yeah). Image-Line is consistently making the zoom settings worse. The actual functionality of the piano roll still trumps, though, so don't get too excited. :P

It's still better than any other programs piano roll that I've used but because of that I also wonder why they're trying to fix it, I can get gol's obsession with changing the image of FL with the stigma it used to have, "get rid of blocks because NOOBS use them!" and all that, but I never heard anyone criticize the piano roll(until these most recent updates)

Used FL today for the first time in a month, figured I should check out the beta

Notes in the piano roll can now be muted(they're grey/not one of the normal colors), ctrl+Fing through the change list this doesn't seem to be listed or it's behavior explained, this occurred in a channel that I don't think I had even edited for like 10 minutes too. Found out that this is related to the new brush tool where you have to hold shift to make it work properly. Click and hold functions achieved nothing but pissing me off but at least there's an option to turn that off

To the best of my knowledge there is no longer a program out there featuring a good piano roll, back to trackerland