OCR TF2 Server - Anyone interested in trying out TF2 should join us!

Bahamut

I think I was scarred from that MvM game....

Was it really that bad?

In other news, while Lil Guardian Pyro is obviously the big favourite for the Best Overall Saxxy this year, I'd say

is an easy pick for Best Action. Kind of sad that replays have been put by the wayside, but they do look out of place next to full SFM shorts. Progress marches on I guess.

We've released a mandatory TF2 update. The notes for the update are below. The new version is 2020025.

-Eric

--------------------------

- Fixed a client crash caused by using custom HUD files

- Fixed a server crash related to damaging the tank with the new Medic shield

- Fixed Strange Australium weapons not properly tracking kills

- Fixed bots trying to attack an old sentry location after the gun has been picked up by the Engineer

- Fixed a bug that would cause robot "gate hat" items to be craftable. Gate hats that were crafted while the bug was active have self-destructed and become limited-quantity Glitched Circuit Boards as a commemorative token.

- Fixed the Adjust Unusual slider not working for some hats, including the Dr's Dapper Topper

- Fixed the Health Regen MvM upgrade string mistakenly displaying %

- Fixing the Killstreak HUD not showing up for Tier 0 Killstreak weapons

- Fixed Killstreak Mediguns not getting killstreak credit for assists

- Fixed using the wrong color in the HUD deathnotice for Killstreak weapons

Server updated and restarted and updated.

Looks like at least TF2items broke, I'll look into it later.

Hmm, I still haven't found a good group to do MvM Mann Up with and I really detest doing random groups for it. Doesn't help that basically no one from my other TF2 group is doing MvM Mann Up.

Server updated and restarted and updated.

Looks like at least TF2items broke, I'll look into it later.

TF2Items 1.6.0-hg258 is out now, but I've heard it's just new gamedata.

Having said that, 1.6.0 has been mandatory since the July rebalancing update.

• 2 weeks later...

TF2 update:

- Added Crate #75, Crate #76, and Crate #77 to the drop list

- Removed Crate #57, Crate #59 and Crate #71 from the drop list

- Added new Strange parts that can be applied to Strange cosmetic items

- Fixed a client crash related to the Mann vs. Machine mission victory panel

- Fixed players being able to level-up some Strange items when playing on servers with only bots

- Fixed some cases where Halloween spell effects on items would not appear when they were supposed to

- Fixed robot Engineer head not looking correct for the Botkiller Sniper Rifle Mk.II

- Fixed killstreak notices being stuck on the screen when the map is changing levels

- Fixed Team Shine killstreak sheen effect not displaying properly for the Blue team

- Updated several backpack images to fix issues caused by mat_picmip

- Updated Killstreak Kits to work on Festive and Botkiller variants of target weapons

- Updated pl_upward

- Fixed players getting stuck in the initial Red spawn room after control point 2 is capped

- Improved bot navigation

- Updated cp_gorge

- Improved bot navigation

- Updated Mann vs. Machine

- Fixed players who join in the middle of a mission not receiving the Upgrade Refund credit if it has been earned by the team

- Fixed Romevision hats conflicting with gatebot hats in Mannhattan

- Fixed an exploit that allowed purchasing upgrades for weapons other than what they were intended for

- Updated mvm_rottenburg

- Fixed a bug where the bomb could get stuck out of reach in the corner near the cap

- Fixed a bug where bots could be instantly killed by being pushed into the tank tunnel once opened

- Fixed a bug where money could get stuck in the tank barricade when it was rebuilt, preventing collection

- Updated mvm_mannhattan

- Rebalanced Empire Escalation

- Fixed credits not always being collected when they fall into the grinder

- Fixed a bug that allowed the gates to be captured out of order

- Fixed a lighting bug related to lower graphics settings that cause the map to be too dark

Empire Escalation is now marketedly easier, people on other parts of the web are saying they are sliding through it.

The stranges in the crates: Crit-a-Cola, Solemn Vow, Syndey Sleeper, Concherer, Revolver, Eviction Notice, Rescue Ranger, Grenade Launcher, Scorch Shot.

New strange parts: Spies killed, Burning Enemies killed, Players Wearing Unusuals Killed, Killstreaks Ended, Damage Dealt, Ally Healing Done, Point-Blank Kills, Killcam Taunts (Cosmetics), Fires Survived (Cosmetics)

Hey Sombrero, what're you buying a Killcam Taunt Strange Part for? :>

Also, to anyone playing MvM: If you get any Professional grade kits for Pyro weapons, let me know. I'm looking for the right combination on the right weapon for a few pyro weapons.

• 2 weeks later...
We've released a mandatory TF2 update. The notes for the update are below. The new version is 2058653.

-Eric

--------------------------

Happy Smissmas 2013!

- All Players who play TF2 during the event will receive a Gift-Stuffed Stocking! Stockings contain goodies for good little Mercenaries.

- Added community-contributed winter event items

- Added the Giftapult' date=' which can be used to launch gift items to randomly-chosen online players

- Added Naughty and Nice winter keys to the Mann Co. Store

- Premium Players will receive a Secret Saxton to give to another player

- Item grants from previous events (including the Spirit of Giving and the Winter Holiday noise maker) have been re-enabled for all players, including those who deleted their earlier grants

Weapons

- Battalion's Backup:

- Added +20 max HP passive for the wearer

- Concheror:

- Added +2 health per second passive for the wearer

- Crit-a-Cola:

- Reduced consumption penalty from +25% extra damage to +10%

- Diamondback:

- Now also gains a critical attack on successful backstab kills

- Flying Guillotine

- Alt-Attack now also throws the Guillotine when active

- Short Circuit:

- Attack sped up greatly

- Ammunition cost has been lowered to 5 metal per attack

- Players and Buildings are only targeted if in range and in front of attacking player

- Improved visual effects

- Soda Popper:

- Hype no longer grants mini-crits

- Added Hypemode which grants up to 5 extra air jumps when active

- Hypemode is triggered by Alt-Attack when hype is full

- The Beggar's Bazooka has been updated to use the same taunt as The Direct Hit

- Professional Killstreak Mantreads, Splendid Screen and The Chargin' Targe now generate proper effects when on a killstreak. These effects do not stack if another killstreak effect weapon is active.

Cosmetics

- "Head" and "Misc" slots for player loadouts have been converted to Cosmetic slots. All items that were previously Head- or Misc-slot-specific can now be equipped in any Cosmetic slot.

- Unusual effect positioning can now be adjusted for all Cosmetic-slot items

- Unusual Circling Effects have been given a new origin

- Unusual effects for all Cosmetic-slot items are now visible in the loadout panel and character HUD

- Fixed the Wiki Cap clipping with the Demoman's head

Mann vs. Machine

- Fixed being able to inspect Blue-team bots

- Fixed the mission victory screen not always showing the correct information for each player

- Fixed some clipping issues with the stats in the scoreboard

General

- Fixed an exploit where players could move around while using a taunt to attack enemies

- Fixed an exploit related to the Rocket Jumper and the Soldier's grenade taunt

- Fixed killstreaks attained via healing not being considered for round-end win panel

- Fixed the killstreak hud indicator position in minmode

- Fixed Taunt Kills strange scores not incrementing properly for the Strange Scorch Shot

- Fixed strange scores on cosmetic items sometimes failing to increment

- Fixed gift-wrapped items not showing their interior item to the wrapping player in some conditions

- Fixed Steam Sale items granted from Snow Globe crafting not being listable on the Steam Community Market

- Improved bot navigation in cp_gorge

- Improved bot navigation in pl_upward

- Updated several materials to fix issues caused by mat_picmip

- Updated the backpack to filter to automatically filter for valid items when using a tool[/quote']

Server updating and such.

EDIT: Someone else got to it before I did.

Edited by Super-Duper Sombrero

God help us all.

The banner additions are interesting, I'm immensely happy over the Soda Popper change, and the Short Circuit is apparently now a killing machine that's probably going to get re-nerfed somehow. There are also some interesting new bulletin board graphics that were added to Dustbowl, Badwater, and 2Fort...seems like it might be some sort of tie-in to the comic events.

You know I don't think I've played a non-MVM round in weeks. That needs to change.