OCR TF2 Server - Anyone interested in trying out TF2 should join us!

Bahamut

• 1 month later...

*blows dust off*

We're only a few days away from this year's Halloween shenanigans, whatever they may be, but I've been so far out of the loop with this job stuff that I didn't even notice they've had all the past Halloween stuff enabled for a week now. Anyone been getting some playtime in?

And we're live! Merasmus and Doomsday and bumper cars and I don't even know what else. My freebie gift cauldron had a Strange Haunted hat in it, which I guess is good, but I don't even know. Hope to see everyone in there tomorrow night!

Cauldrons always have one Strange Haunted item with counters on it that only work on the new map. Or so I think... both of mine had one at any rate (one all-class, one Medic).

Speaking of which, you can also get a second cauldron by doing the Carnival Of Carnage: Bumper To Bumper To Bumper achievement... and a Necro Smasher all-class-except-Spy melee weapon for doing Carnival Of Carnage: Step Right Up (which requires 4 achievements).

These achievements were so easy, I did almost all of them all in one night.

At the moment, Windows servers seem to be having some issues. Not sure if it's because of SourceMod or not, but hit registration seems to be all over the place. My Linux Halloween server seems to be unaffected, but it also has SourceMod disabled because I expected major issues like previous years.

Incidentally, there are some new SourceMod builds which may fix some things.

Edited by Powerlord

• 1 month later...
Bonus Ducks' Smith"]We've released a mandatory update for TF2. The notes for the update are below. The new version number is 2535271.

-Eric

-----------------------------------------

- End of the Line Community Update has arrived!

- Check out the community-created movie and web page at http://www.teamfortress.com/endoftheline/

- The event will run through till January 5th' date=' 2015, and includes finding ducks, duck statistics and friendly leaderboards.

- Added End of the Line Community Crate Key

- Added 21 cosmetic items featured from End of the Line

- Added Pyro Taunt - Pool Party

- Added multi-class melee weapon - The Crossing Guard

- Added Duck Journal and Duck Tokens for the End of the Line event

- Fixed The Swagman's Swatter and Tough Stuff Muffs not being held by the Sniper during the melee taunt

- Updated the crosshair to not draw while taunting[/quote']

It's here, finally! We should get some games going tonight. I haven't played in forever, I'll be terrible, it'll be fun.

EDIT: Hurr durr forgot the link: http://www.teamfortress.com/endoftheline/

Edited by Super-Duper Sombrero

• 2 weeks later...
We've released a mandatory update for TF2. The notes for the update are below. The new version number is 2559181.

-Eric

Happy Smissmas 2014!

- All Players who play TF2 during the event will receive a Gift: a Stuffed Stocking! Stockings contain goodies for good little Mercenaries.

- Added 29 Limited community-contributed winter items to the Nice crate.

- Added new Limited Festive weapons to the Naughty crate.

- Limited time items can only be found during a limited window of time. The Naughty and Nice crate items will no longer be available after February 16' date=' 2015.

- Added Naughty and Nice winter keys to the Mann Co. Store.

- Naughty and Nice winter crates cannot be opened after February 16, 2015.

- Premium Players will receive a Secret Saxton to give to another player.

- Item grants from previous events (including the Spirit of Giving and the Winter Holiday noise maker) have been re-enabled for all players, including those who deleted their earlier grants.

Weapons

Added The Iron Bomber

- Demoman Grenade Launcher

- Grenades do not bounce or roll

- Damage radius reduced by 20%

- Grenades that self-detonate deal 10% less damage

- Added The Iron Bomber to the Mann Co. Store, craft list, and item drop list

Added The Quickiebomb Launcher

- Demoman Stickybomb Launcher

- Stickybomb arm time reduced by 0.2 seconds

- Stickybombs can destroy enemy stickybombs

- Charge time decreased by 50%

- Stickybombs fizzle after 2 seconds

- -15% damage penalty

- -25% clip size

- Added The Quickiebomb Launcher to the Mann Co. Store, craft list, and item drop list

Added The Panic Attack

- Multiclass Shotgun

- 34% Faster reload time

- Hold fire to load up to 4 shells

- Fire rate increases as health decreases

- Weapon spread increases as health decreases

- Added The Panic Attack to the Mann Co. Store, craft list, and item drop list

Demoman Changes

- Damage variance on grenades and stickybombs reduced from +/- 10% damage to +/-2%.

- Grenades and Stickybombs now have the same base blast radius as rockets. Changed to 146 from 159.

Grenade Launcher

- Direct hit grenades now deal full damage to target regardless of where it struck the enemy. Previously full damage would only occur when grenades exploded closer to the targets feet.

Stickybomb Launcher

- Stickybombs that detonate in the air now have a radius ramp up, starting at 85% at base arm time (0.8s) going back to 100% over 2 seconds. Stickybombs that touch the world will have full radius.

- Stickybombs now have a more visible trail while traveling through the air

- Stickybombs arm particle is slightly more visible

Loose Cannon

- Double donk explosive damage now deal full radius damage to victims. Previously double donk explosive damage was reduced by radius distance from the explosion.

- Removed a hidden penalty where Cannonballs that touched the world would deal 50% less damage in addition to regular grenade damage reduction on world touch.

Loch-n-Load

- Changes to base grenade damage variance now ensure the Loch-n-Load does not exceed 124 damage on a single hit.

- Removed +25% self-damage penalty

- Added -25% radius penalty

- Changed clipsize penalty to -25% (3 grenades per clip) from -50% (2 grenades per clip)

- Loch-n-load grenades no longer visually tumble when fired

Bootlegger / Ali Baba's Wee Booties

- Added +25% Demo Charge meter on charge kill

Tide Turner

- Added Penalty: Taking damage while shield charging reduces remaining charging time

- Kills while charging now only add 75% meter on charge kills instead of 100%

Scottish Resistance

- It is now slightly easier to do sticky jumps with the Scottish Resistance. Increased range check for stickybomb jumping to sticky damage radius of 146 from 100.

Scotsman's Skullcutter

- Movement speed penalty now only applies when weapon is active

Claidheamh Mor

- Added +25% Demo Charge meter on charge kill

Added new game mode Mannpower to the TF2 Beta

Mannpower Mode

- To Play. Click on Play Multiplayer, enable Play Beta Maps checkbox, and then choose Mannpower Mode.

- The Following is a list of features in the initial launch of Mannpower and is subject to changes in future updates. Feedback is highly encouraged

- Contains 8 permanent power ups players can find in the map.

- Players can only hold 1 permanent power up at a time.

- Killing a player with a permanent power up forces the power up to drop.

- Contains 1 temporary power that can be found in the map.

- Use the 'dropitem' command to drop the currently held permanent power up

- Added new Default Stock Action Item Grappling Hook. Grappling hooks are usable in Mannpower mode and servers that enable it. Once equipped, press and hold the action key to use it. Use to move the player toward the hooked object.

- Mannpower Beta plays a modified version of Capture the Flag that requires your team's flag to be at base in order to capture the enemy flag.

- Touching your flag will instantly return it to base.

- Currently supported on maps ctf_foundry and a modified ctf_gorge.

- Instant respawns enabled

- Random critical attacks disabled

- Players spawn with 6 seconds of invulnerability

General

- MvM : Added chance to find Australium Weapon rewards to all Advanced and Expert Mann vs. Machine tours. Previously only available on Two Cities tour

- MvM : Added Killstreak kits for Quickiebomb Launcher, Iron Bomber and Panic Attack in to Two Cities MannUp loot tables

- Crafting items that are marked as temporarily untradable will now yield temporarily untradable items instead of permanent

- Fixed a client crash related to the material system

- Removed the Giftapult from the store and added a crafting recipe for it

- Updated the equip_region for The Beastly Bonnet

- Updated the localization files

- Removed the map restriction on players in karts respawning ghost teammates when they touch them[/quote']

Looks like someone got to updating the server riiiight before I did.

So this seems like the update that was supposed to come with End of the Line? Given that the whole video was kinda supposed to come with weapons and stuff, I guess?

New weapons? (Presumably) sane Demo rebalancing? A whole new gamemode? An actually-legit CTF variant? GRAPPLING HOOKS?!?

Okay let's get our butts in-game tonite and do things.

Edit: Oh sweet, and craftable Giftapults too. Hope random anonymous people enjoy getting a dupe hat and untradeable Halloween costumes!

Edited by Top Gun

So apparently Snowplow is "too complex for new players", gets cut from its own update, alright. I don't agree, but it's your game so fine. Then two weeks later,
gets pushed to beta?

All of my wat, Valve.

I figured Valve lied about the reason they didn't add Snowplow.

...its really because Snowplow is a terrible map.

cp_snowplow does give you additional time when you capture points. Pop quiz: How much time does it give you?

*plays Jeopardy theme*

Give up? Well, the correct answer is... it depends. It appears to remove 10% from the train destruction bar and resets the current timer. Which means it adds 30-60 seconds to the timer depending on what the current timer had.

Did I mention A/D CP and PL maps traditionally add 300 seconds to the clock for a point capture?

Anyway, the train destruction mechanic seems to be a fancy/broken version of the standard CP timer system. I say broken because it randomly disappears from the stock HUD and the time added doesn't seem to be correct... 30-60 seconds is way too short an amount of time to add.

Incidentally, why has no one reported the Beggar's Bazooka bug shown in that video to Valve?

• 2 weeks later...
We've released a mandatory update for TF2. The notes for the update are below. The new version number is 2568063.

-Eric

- Fixed the air detonation radius for stickybomb jumps

- Fixed stickybombs not using distance falloff during damage calculations for the first 5 seconds after being created

- Fixed grenades not dealing consistent damage against buildings and Mann vs. Machine tanks

- Fixed the Marksman's Mohair hiding the Sniper's hat

- Fixed the Crit Boost material effect for the Panic Attack

- Updated the kill icon for the Panic Attack

- Updated the equip_region for The Person in the Iron Mask

- Updated The Quickiebomb Launcher

- Fixed stickybombs not destroying enemy stickybombs

- Fixed stickybombs fizzling faster than they should

- Mannpower update

- Fixed not always being able to equip the grappling hook

- Fixed switching to the grappling hook from a weapon that prevents switching

- Fixed the grappling hook attaching to players that are dead or no longer exist

- Updated the Vampire powerup to give health for damage done by Sappers

- Increased the spawn invuln time from 6 seconds to 8 seconds

- Added enemy team func_nobuild volumes to the capture zone areas in ctf_foundry and ctf_gorge to prevent spawn-camping sentries

- Updated ctf_gorge

- Fixed players being able to get outside of the map

- Opened access to the flat rooftop by the capture zone area

Server Updated 'n' stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope y'all like some double posting. Because that's what cheese makes the cheese.

We've released a mandatory update for TF2. The notes for the update are below. The new version number is 2595018.

-Eric

- Fixed a client crash related to Spies disguising as players and then switching their disguise weapon

- Fixed a bug related to overhead icons disappearing (Nemesis' date=' Dueling Partner, Powerups, Coach/Student)

- Fixed wrapped Giftapult packages not having the "Deliver Gift" option in the context menu

- Fixed some taunt sound effects that were clipping the character lines

- Fixed a bug with Dead Ringer cloak meter being lowered to 40% after Super Armor duration ends when cloak was extended via pickups or the L'Etranger

- Removed the promo restrictions from the Brimstone

- Added TF2Connexion Season 14 tournament medals

- Updated the localization files

- Mannpower mode changes:

- New temporary powerup - Uber. Respawns at 1/3rd the speed of Crit powerup

- Fixed some bugs that would cause powerups to stop spawning

- Fixed the Action Slot key behaving different for the grapple hook depending on the setting for hud_fastswitch

- Powerup changes:

- Vampire: Flamethrower and Minigun return 80% of damage back as health instead of 100%

- Warlock: Added 25% damage resistance. 100% of sentry damage is now reflected back to the sentry

- Vampire and Warlock max health buffs are now additive (+80hp and +100hp) instead of multiplicative (x1.4 and x1.5)

- Haste: Sticky bomb arm time reduced

- Precision and Haste: Sniper rifles now have quicker damage ramp-up and re-zoom after shooting

- Precision: Sniper rifles now have double damage. Increased blast weapon clip size by 50%

- Scoring Support

- Capture flag: +20 points

- Return team flag: +4 points

- Kill an enemy who is carrying a powerup: +1 point

- Flag mechanics

- Captured flags now take 12 seconds to re-emerge from the ground so they can't be stolen again right away[/quote']

Herbert herpderdated.

A special congratulations to our OCR Highlander team (#Town). Last night was night one of the new season and they won.

Additionally, I have recently made a post on the OCRTF2 group about a possible revival of weekly TF2 nights. Be sure to read it!

Link

Sometime ago TF2 OCR community's past, we all once enjoyed one another's company in weekly gatherings on our OCR TF2 server. Unfortunately, time makes fools of us all, and due to various circumstances and obligations, our weekly gatherings grew less frequent until it was no longer routine.

Though we have long since stopped our weekly TF2 tradition, the OCR community has been tight knit and we have stuck together. Not long ago, our community of regulars were able to come together and form a competitive highlander TF2 team--and already are 1-0 (Congratulations on the victory #Town!).

In addition to the team, I have spoken to some community members elsewhere from OCR, and have gathered that there is interest in reviving our old tradition of a weekly TF2 game night. Because of this, I am now looking into doing so, and would like input and feedback from all of you!

If you are interested, please provide response to the following:

• Which evening is better for you? Friday or Saturday?
  • Of your chosen day, what timeframe will work best? Be sure to include a timezone in your respnose!
  • Are there any new maps on the server you would like to see?
  • Are there any special events or activites that you would like to see?

If you are interested in restarting the tradition, let us know here or at the community forum over at http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39889

( Even if you have no preference to the above questions, be sure to post regardless! We'd love to hear from everyone! )

Edited by Gamemaster1379

I'm totally down for getting a weekly thing going again. As for whether Friday or Saturday is better... I travel for a living, so I'm not-infrequently on an airplane on Friday nights. On the other hand, I have other stuff I do with other people on Saturday nights. So on Fridays, I'm either there or not, while on Saturdays, I can consistently be semi-sorta-half-there as I alt-tab between windows.

I guess if I had to pick one, I'd prefer Fridays. Sometimes I won't be able to make it, but I'd rather be able to devote my full attention to it when I can be there rather than be distracted even when I am there.