The Avengers (2012 Movie)

Overflow

I saw it over the weekend with my wife and we both loved it. Neither of us are huge comic book fans either and we hadn't seen any of the other tie-in movies besides Iron Man 1 & 2. The movie itself is completely ridiculous, but from the standpoint of enjoyability, it was a blast and surprisingly very funny. I would definitely not mind seeing it again!

I am one of the running/screaming NYC pedestrians in the film's final act. I wore a black shirt with a trendy hat and hipster glasses. I unfortunately couldn't spot myself when I saw it in theaters, but a friend of mine swears he saw me run right past the camera in a scene where people are being rescued from a bus. In any case, I won't know for sure until I am able to freeze-frame some action!

Yes, I saw you! I saw the movie a second time today and I saw you! You had the black shirt and the black hat, although you were a blur so I couldn't see the glasses :P What was it like being so close to actors like Scarlett Johansen and a big film crew?

Yes, I saw you! I saw the movie a second time today and I saw you! You had the black shirt and the black hat, although you were a blur so I couldn't see the glasses :P What was it like being so close to actors like Scarlett Johansen and a big film crew?

Oooh I could imagine. I'd assume he kept those sunglasses on the whole time. Wink wink.

Staring at dat ass the whole time. Any pictures? Or not allowed?

Speaking of Nic Cage. My little brother was also an extra for National Treasure 2. My mother was thinking of bringing her camera in case Cage was there, but she was like "He probably won't be there." She was right next to him. -_-

LolBrandon

Went to see it today for Mother's Day, and I thought it was excellent. Certainly more of a "let's laugh and watch shit blow up" kind of movie rather than one of a deeper nature, which is good because why get deep when you can just watch HULK SMASH.

Also, that was a really well-done rendition of Thanos at the end. It actually looks like him. I mean, they took a very non-human character and made it work right.

Here's hoping Avengers 2 will be as good, if not better.

You should've seen how excited my older brother got about that. :)

The movie was awesome, and it did what it was supposed to do: be a LOT of fun. :-D

Yea it's pretty clear by now that it's a movie well worth seeing in the theaters at least once. Personally, I'm going to see it again, in 2D. 3D just isn't my thing, stuff goes darker and messier, at least in my eyes. The Avengers has pretty much everything you could wish from a superhero movie. Unlike with many of the prequel films, this one got it all right and delivered action and likable, distinct characters without cheesy humor thrown in at every turn.

Yeah! I saw it again in theaters the other day and spotted myself for that split-second. THAT was a weird moment and I think it will be every time I watch it from now on.

Being on set was awesome! 80% of the time, as extras, we were sitting in a holding area waiting for calls to get on set! Unfortunately, I didn't see Scarlet Johanssen, but I did see Chris Evans (Captain America) and the director, Joss Whedon (which was neat watching him work with the actors and his crew from a distance)! Probably one of the coolest things about being on set though is recognizing the setpieces and other people you met once you see the movie.