The Avengers (2012 Movie)

Overflow

Okay, so I have a question for anyone who's really familiar with the Marvel Universe: Is that chick that Cap saved in the bank, who later gives the interview, supposed to be anyone important? 'Cause I got a sort of "we might be seeing this girl later in a girlfriend/sacrificial lamb/recurring character role" vibe off of her, but I'm not familiar enough with the lore to be able to find her if she IS supposed to be anyone in particular. She's probably just there to serve as a stand-out foil for the "normal" humans, but....

Also, saw it again tonight. Just as awesome the second time, and I caught a lot of slivers of dialogue that I missed last time around.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw it this past weekend, late to the party, but I loved it. I'm not a huge comic geek nor an Avengers fan, more of a 90s X-Men cartoon fan, but the movie was awesome, and I realized I actually did watch all of the individual movies beforehand.

Spoiler/note/thingy:

My bro and his g/f started laughing towards the end when Iron Man was falling and Thor says, "he's not slowing down" and then he spins his hammer real fast. It IS kind of silly, but my best argument was "that's what Thor does!" I don't even know if that's indeed what Thor does but that was my argument. ALSO, When Cap's given out orders, and Thor winds up his hammer then flies away, that almost kind of felt like a parody to me .. kind of in the same vein as my bro and his g/f laughing at that aforementioned scene. Last thing, from my reading I understand that Captain America is the leader which makes sense in the movie because he was giving out orders, but I missed the part where they established he was the leader. At one point did someone say "okay Cap is the leader" ? These details are hecka minor.

All in all, I loved the movie and will watch it again. I was amazed at the action and was thinking to myself "oh my goodness this is so good. I dream of making something a fraction of this goodness, at some point in my lifetime."

I loved the movie and am hoping to see it for a third time. I really like how the creators of both this and the Captain America movie were able to make his costume seem realistic and even kind of cool. Let's face it, cap's classic suit is kind of...silly.

As for DrumJ8's last question, I heard that there was over 30 mins cut from the movie, so I suspect such a scene will be included in the extended cut. also, in his movie, Cap spent time with his team, becoming a leader, which foreshadowed his role as leader of the avengers.

Drew this a while back:

capamericasmall.jpg

Working on tracing and coloring it on my computer now. I did Thor and Iron man as well, and I'm gonna start on the others soon.

• 2 weeks later...