Sonic Adventure 2 - Metal Harbor

StreetFlare

I dunno, I kinda prefer the music for the first part of the level: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuI_Pif40_0

Either way, yes please.

Actually, I've heard an awesome remix of that part. It's defiantly my preferred as well, but this remix... well, it kinda puts a high margin for people to challenge it. And, what's more, it's vocal!

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Jb0b4nRPU

Oh, and djVERTICAl, I like it. Very much.

Actually, I've heard an awesome remix of that part. It's defiantly my preferred as well, but this remix... well, it kinda puts a high margin for people to challenge it. And, what's more, it's vocal!

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Jb0b4nRPU

That's just a guy singing over the original.

It's horrific.

I certainly hope you and all 103 likes are trolling.

Phew, thanks for calling that out...I was hoping I wasn't the only one who noticed that...that's why I aimed to present an alternative as soon as possible.

(And also because I joined the site just in time to miss getting into a really awesome Sonic music competition, which I shall be keeping close tabs on.)

It's horrific.

I certainly hope you and all 103 likes are trolling.

Eh, it was the first VG remix I ever heard, back in '09. You can't blame me for thinking he did well in adding lyrics, before I discovered here. So, yeah, I was kinda trolling in my comments, because I WANT SOMEONE to 'prove me wrong', and make the source sound awesome, with or without vocals.

[EDIT]: 'sides, that just goes to show how little there is, that my fav. "remix" of the specific source is vocals over the top. I'm certain that you, Protodome, could do ten thousand times better, considering how much I love your other stuff....

Oh, and I just thought it was a MIDI rendering of the original, not the actual original itself. Sucks to have never played the source.....

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the Tindeck link, that cover of this track is awesome. And recognizable. Eh, I can't be bothered hunting through 145 pages of forum to find Metal Harbor, 'specially not with two exams in around eleven hours. I'll wait and catch the highlights if they get posted as mixes, or included on a Sonic album/other album as extras, like they were with Maverick Rising.

[EDIT]: Wow, this thread actually has had two of my fav. remixers comment. Now, all I'd need is a BGC reply, and I could just...die in complete joy. Love both of your stuff, but BGC is the remixer I want to be like - bit of every style, plus a successful composer for one of the biggest video games released in a while. But with high school, computer issues, plus my major self-confidence and technical issues with performance (and complete lack of knowledge in recording/remixing) that's stopped me. Oh well, I might do a Team Rocket remix...if I don't request it first! XD

https://www.box.com/s/8023763de5e5c2f50d85

Here's my remix of it.

To be honest, the arrangement of the song here is pretty liberal, as the song is as a whole, but if you like kind of chill stuff then here you go.

I'll probably be updating it in the future and might make the sources more recognizable and stuff, so you might like that more.

Eh, I can't be bothered hunting through 145 pages of forum to find Metal Harbor, 'specially not with two exams in around eleven hours.

Both can be found in the first post, HERE; just scroll a second or so down, and download Robotnik Round 1 and Robotnik Round 2; you should be able to find all of them in those two zip files.

Hope that helps. :-) Good luck in your exams.

Both can be found in the first post, HERE; just scroll a second or so down, and download Robotnik Round 1 and Robotnik Round 2; you should be able to find all of them in those two zip files.

Hope that helps. :-) Good luck in your exams.

Thanks! I found them, and both exams went brilliantly - had the final one for the term today, so now I've got a few months until the next lot...and, y'know, school all winter while you lucky Americans get a few months off...granted, I DO get months off over Summer, nut considering this is my final year of high school, eh, idk.