since I'm new to Fruity Loops, I decided to post the current status of my remix here to learn from your advice. I have started remixing the title theme from the freeware adventure 'Dirty Split' as a chiptune. Currently, everything you hear are basic sounds from 3xOsc.
The only streamable version of the original I could find is over here, just select Track 1.
Here is a list of things I have to do but I may need your help with:
- Figuring out how to do a tremolo.
- Making the arrangement less repetitive and longer.
- Replacing the solo from the original with something more chiptuneish. That's why there's a lot of nothingness after 50sec.
- Finding out what the organ actually plays.
- Using something cooler than 3xOsc, and also adding better percussion.
- Learning how to master.
- Other things I didn't think of when posting this.
Here is the first WIP version:
Now going to bed, looking forward to your comments!
Edit: According to tindeck, three people have downloaded this already. ó__ò In case 'DL' actually means 'downloads' and not 'people who streamed this'.