Timaeus's Technical Tutorials (Videos)

Urse's website could be easier to use, but you do have to go looking for stuff to find things.

We use Zebra 2 at Pinnacle College as one of the primary devices for teaching students about subtractive synthesis in Sound Design.

By the way man, Zebra2 seems cool for sound designs, although a lot more complicated than Serum, so there is a lot to learn in order to know how to use it properly and get most out of its properties, but what can one expect from a sound design plugin that is extremely modifiable. 4 (draw your own option on them too) oscillators and a shit ton of options to add filters/effects and whatnot on the grid, and linking them and stuff. One of the main concerns for me is the macro control, i'm just not quite familiar with that kind of design as usually it's more easy 'drag and drop to the selected knob' type of situation, i prefer that one on serum and massive but this plugin has it's own perks.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4hdsx4

that's just me messing around with the sound design of this night, honestly, i have no idea what i'm doing with zebra2 yet, well other than the basic functions that are familiar from other sound design plugins already, so many knobs that have functions, i'm not even sure how the linking works on the grid on the middle, now i've just moved them around and all of a sudden their linked to each other.. what..

To be honest, I found Zebra to be easier to use than Serum; I think Zebra prepared me for Serum, since Serum gives you almost everything at once, but Zebra shows you only what you bring up (when you add more oscillators, or envelopes, their UIs are dynamically added in).

There are a bunch of tutorials on youtube for it; zircon gives you a great overview on its main features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxyoA7WvF7c

There is also an entire playlist of "Mini-Tutorials" by Urs Heckmann:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmdEREBtTH0&list=PL7AFE9859406139AA

The grid is a way to lay out the oscillator connections in serial or in parallel. Serial just means it's connected in the given order, and parallel means you'll hear both oscillators at once. It's basically a way to layer sounds (if in parallel), or process them like you would in a typical column signal chain in a DAW mixer track (if in serial).

Zebra is more for diverse sound design (like this), whereas I've found Serum to be most useful for bass design.