Be Aggressive!: A Gunstar Heroes Tribute Album - History

DusK

Ok put me down for 'Rolling Chaser' for old time's sake! :)!!

Sweeeeet! Done.

I also should probably take this moment to remind everyone that the direction we're taking this album is extremely aggressive and high energy, with a futuristic aesthetic to the music. Try to keep that in mind when working on your remixes, especially the stage themes and bosses. We're alright with slowing it down a bit for sources that aren't stages or bosses, but if you're mixing something that's got some pump to it, try to put some pump in your mix as well.

Welcome to Gario, Malcos and also The Coop, who will be helping with the album artwork. :)

The 3 weeks period after the initial claim is coming to an end this Sunday for a few people.

A reminder PM has been sent to those concerned. If you haven't already, please get in touch and let us know your status.

Again, this only applies to 3 weeks old claims, which haven't yet been solidified by a short wip.

As DusK mentioned in his last post, be sure to bring the energy. And don't forget to have fun with your arrangement. ;)

Welcome to Gario, Malcos and also The Coop, who will be helping with the album artwork. :)

The 3 weeks period after the initial claim is coming to an end this Sunday for a few people.

A reminder PM has been sent to those concerned. If you haven't already, please get in touch and let us know your status.

Again, this only applies to 3 weeks old claims, which haven't yet been solidified by a short wip.

As DusK mentioned in his last post, be sure to bring the energy. And don't forget to have fun with your arrangement. ;)

I made a bit more progress on mine. I'll try to get it in a nice, sendable state by the end of Sunday.

Ok. I threw a 1 minute-ish WIP into both DusK and Dj Mokram's inboxes.

Got it and sent you some feedback. Thanks Jesse. :)

For those who missed their deadline yesterday and got a PM, please let us know your status asap.

Otherwise we'll be forced to let Golden Silver rip you to pieces ...er, I mean remove you from the tracklist. ;D

I should be able to upload a WIP this weekend. I like how it's turning out, which likely means it's either A) not aggressive enough, or B) not good compositionally :lol:

Lucky for you, the source is neither a stage nor a boss theme, which allows for slightly more creative freedom.

Thanks for the heads up Coop. Looking forward to what you've cooked up. :)

Having never played Gunstar Heroes (Nintendo kid growing up) the first thing I did was pick it up on PSN. To my surprise, this is some of the most fun I've had in a long time. Especially considered I've been looking for a new, fresh 16 bit game.

It's a shame I can't contribute to this effort, but thanks for bringing it to my attention. Many hours will be had playing this classic.

Having never played Gunstar Heroes (Nintendo kid growing up) the first thing I did was pick it up on PSN. To my surprise, this is some of the most fun I've had in a long time. Especially considered I've been looking for a new, fresh 16 bit game.

It's a shame I can't contribute to this effort, but thanks for bringing it to my attention. Many hours will be had playing this classic.

Wow, if you really picked up Gunstar Heroes on PSN due to this project then my day has officially been made.

You say you can't contribute, but I'd argue that helping to keep Treasure alive is a very meaningful contribution.

So thank YOU and I hope you'll have tons of fun with the game. :)

so take your time, enjoy your summer, and let the creative juices flow when they flow. :smile:

...but feel free to send something before if you're inspired. I see some of you already are. :wink:

Also, since we're missing a wip, Golden Silver is on his way to someone's PM box. Beware.

I feel like a soldier reporting for duty :D

Feel like reporting about that covert recruit-op you led on your own, private? ;D