Jordan Steven (bLiNd) composes JRPG OST "Dragons' Odyssey"

bLiNd

Hey all,

Been a while. Last year I composed a 38 track OST for the JRPG "Lost Memory of Angel Story Frane 3" which was retitled for the english release "The Lost Angelic Chronicles of Frane: Dragons' Odyssey". I was also commissioned to cast and direct the voice acting, on a very limited budget, which turned out surprisingly good (although there are some rough spots) I got as many live instruments as I could which was acoustic guitars by my dad, live trumpet by my uncle, live viola by my cousin-in-law, and ashleigh singing on the theme song. Also had my cousin arrange the title screen song (piano solo). I recently launched my website for Jordan Steven and a new bandcamp for the soundtrack.

http://www.jordansteven.com

http://jordansteven.bandcamp.com

The soundtrack can also be found on itunes here.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lost-angelic-chronicles-frane/id516110016

(also on amazon, rhapsody, emusic etc)

The game was originally released on the PC in Japan in 2003 and I actually replaced the OST for this version. It was released on gamers gate back in october here

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-LACFDO/the-lost-angelic-chronicles-of-frane-dragons-odyssey

and hopefully soon will be released on steam (which is up to the company)

The iOS version was released recently and can be found here

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rpg-dragons-odyssey-frane./id521979344?mt=8

and will eventually be on the android OS as well (also up to the company)

The music took me 7 months to compose and the voice acting took 3 months to knock out and I was actually hospitalized 4 times last year during all of it so it was extremely stressful (from pnuemonia and colitis flair ups) As well as hard drive failures and all kinds of crap. It was indeed a crazy year for me. bLiNd has officially broken out of the electronica only scene and since the change is so drastic I have a new name for composition under the name "Jordan Steven". Steven is my middle name and is easier to pronounce than Aguirre and is a memento to my grandpa who believe in me to be a musician. Thanks for your support over all these years OCR and your continued support for years to come!

Congratulations, buddy! Fantastic work! Thoroughly enjoy your hard work. What moving music you have written. The piano melody that opens is the first thing that comes to mind.

I only wish the game were easier. I am already at a pickle in the first 5 minutes with no money and can't progress. But I can give it a much more fitting shot. I'm just used to be able to bail myself out in RPG's.

I am not ashamed to speak of the God I know and love and he loves me back. He loved me first. He loves everyone else just the same, and he wants to fulfill their desires too because he's the one who planted them in their hearts and that's just who he is. It starts and ends with Jesus Christ. Seek him out. He is real and he cares about everything in our lives, even the video games we play and their music. I just want to say to all of you, how cool of a God is the God of creation, to give me the destiny in life to compose video game music? He cares about video games, and everyone that plays them! He cares about music... He created music!

Very moving testimony, and congratulations! God has blessed you greatly. I am very encouraged. Keep up the good work, and don't be ashamed of your relationship with Jesus!

Soundtrack is comparable to Final Fantasy soundtracks. In my opinion, a lot of FFIX. Really enjoy it every time and the game is so much fun. I beat it in February. It isn't too long, but it's extremely addicting and exciting. Took me back to my childhood. It's very much like Secret of Mana or Ragnarok Online. The music just got better as I proceeded. Not just saying that because it's bLiNd's music =P but because it really is good. I hope he only receives more opportunities because he is great at every genre and now, that is a true talent!

Thanks to OCR for the support given to us!

I don't really see the Square-Enix touches in there, to me it sounds much more like the more recent Ys soundtracks and some of Motoi Sakuraba's rearrangements of his Camelot stuff before he was doing Star Ocean 2 and Valkyrie Profile.

Easily the most professional sounding VG soundtrack I've heard from OCR, mind you, I just think it sounds more like those more hardcore-JRPG OSTs than Square-Enix.