Apex 2013: Straight to the Top - History

DarkeSword

I'm gonna try to do something with Character Select + Something Else from the original Smash Brothers. Hopefully I'll have enough time, what with other obligations (Maverick being one of them). If someone else submits something before me, I'll still probably finish up my mix and send it to you for the hell of it

EDIT: When you say "ONE remix" you don't mean only one source, right? I love the Char Select theme, I'm just not sure there's enough material in all EIGHT REPETITIVE BARS OF IT for a full remix, haha

I'm gonna try to do something with Character Select + Something Else from the original Smash Brothers. Hopefully I'll have enough time, what with other obligations (Maverick being one of them). If someone else submits something before me, I'll still probably finish up my mix and send it to you for the hell of it

EDIT: When you say "ONE remix" you don't mean only one source, right? I love the Char Select theme, I'm just not sure there's enough material in all EIGHT REPETITIVE BARS OF IT for a full remix, haha

1 mix, not necessarily 1 source. But keep the sources just to those specific games, of course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been tearing my hair out over this mix for a few weeks, finally starting to get somewhere... Though I've got a deadline for another track coming up in the next few days, and I really really need to get cooking on that one. When is the hard deadline for these pieces? Seems like interest has been dwindling, even though it sounds like an incredibly awesome opportunity to write promotional material for a huge gaming tourney. Still trying to get mine done for UMVC3 ASAP

• 3 weeks later...

I wanna thank everyone for getting their remixes to me today. OA is still working on his but I talked to him earlier and it's basically almost all done. :)

The music you guys pumped out for this album is really excellent. If any of the contributing artists wants to listen to the other tracks, drop me a line and I'll hook you up.

I hope everyone else on OCR will enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying it right now when we release it in January. Apex 2013 is going to be an awesome event, and our official soundtrack is going to make it even more awesome.