Final Fantasy II: Rebellion - History

Brandon Strader

Yeah, this album is really close to done. It's basically just waiting on me, XPRTNovice, and Hat's finale. I'm gonna have to follow up with these people (including myself!) to find out when these songs can be completed. :-)

You tease

In all seriousness, this year is going to get bombarded with albums at this rate. Can't wait :D

• 1 month later...

-_-

Started writing a post, and absent-mindedly closed Chrome not realizing that it would be lost.

To summarize... I've spoken to a few artists who said they will be sending me the stems for their songs, which more or less would put the responsibility for finishing this album squarely on my shoulders. It is something I requested as an attempt to help get this moving a little faster; the artists in question are fully capable of doing it on their own, and it's not a big deal. I expressed interest in mixing and mastering songs, and they very kindly obliged and I am very appreciative. I am not taking any form of credit for this work, apart from mentioning that I intend to do it.

I also need to write my own final song from scratch, the Chocobo theme, which I've had in-depth plans for for months now, in my head. And a couple other songs I already had MIDI data for from another couple artists.

This album is STRONG right now with most of the remixes being from other artists and only 2 by me that have been done quite a while and passed the panel. I'd say roughly 50% of the album, or near that, has already passed the panel. It's really strong without me, and that's all thanks to the massive effort and talents of the people involved, whom you can see on the first post. Thanks!

EDIT: I JUST REMEMBERED WE NEED SIR JORDANIUS'S BATTLE SCENE A MIX!!!!!!! HE'S TOTALLY GOOD FOR IT!! :-D

Edited by Brandon Strader

-_-

Started writing a post, and absent-mindedly closed Chrome not realizing that it would be lost.

To summarize... I've spoken to a few artists who said they will be sending me the stems for their songs, which more or less would put the responsibility for finishing this album squarely on my shoulders. It is something I requested as an attempt to help get this moving a little faster; the artists in question are fully capable of doing it on their own, and it's not a big deal. I expressed interest in mixing and mastering songs, and they very kindly obliged and I am very appreciative. I am not taking any form of credit for this work, apart from mentioning that I intend to do it.

I also need to write my own final song from scratch, the Chocobo theme, which I've had in-depth plans for for months now, in my head. And a couple other songs I already had MIDI data for from another couple artists.

This album is STRONG right now with most of the remixes being from other artists and only 2 by me that have been done quite a while and passed the panel. I'd say roughly 50% of the album, or near that, has already passed the panel. It's really strong without me, and that's all thanks to the massive effort and talents of the people involved, whom you can see on the first post. Thanks!

EDIT: I JUST REMEMBERED WE NEED SIR JORDANIUS'S BATTLE SCENE A MIX!!!!!!! HE'S TOTALLY GOOD FOR IT!! :-D

Thanks for the update Brandon! Color me intrigued by the people that joined this project. I get the feeling that this is going to be the underdog of remix projects when it gets released. No ones gonna know what hit them and they are going to be delirious for days after listening to it.

Thanks for the update Brandon! Color me intrigued by the people that joined this project. I get the feeling that this is going to be the underdog of remix projects when it gets released. No ones gonna know what hit them and they are going to be delirious for days after listening to it.

Thank YOU for following the updates! :-D

Heck, we got a couple WAVs since my last post, which I had already put in the first post as being completed. So things definitely sped up, and they will continue to speed up. :-)

I like to think of us more as the underking. The king from below that nobody knew would rule them when the time comes. :-P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I believe it has a little of the expanded soundtrack in it :-)

And I really need to get this done. I'm hoping October will be a magic month.

Cool. I wish someone would do boss theme b(I think)from the ps version.

You're all over the place aren't you? I think I saw your name on like every single album that's being worked on now.

• 2 months later...
My plan was to finish it in January and submit it... Everything is done except for stuff I need to do. I've thought about just cutting the other stuff, but it couldn't hurt to get off my butt and just get it done at long last.

Thanks for the update! Figured I ask since it looked like it was near completion and then got stuck in limbo for awhile.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
i hope this project comes out! FF5 is contagious :-(

It's gonna come out, hopefully it'll be sent in for eval before the end of the month. Not quite FF5 levels of limbo :lmassoff:

Updated the first post to really drive home just how close we are. :-) Songs that are bold are already passed on the panel. Should be a quick, easy eval.