I Sleep on DMT

beaker

Dude, go ahead and join the compos regardless of if you think you're "up to snuff." I've improved SO much by competing and getting criticism and feedback here, it's a bit ridiculous. Should've heard me a year ago :P

Anyway, this is nice. Not sure I'd call it trance, it's got more of a dark ambient feel to it. Seems a bit repetitive, but that's sort of a staple of the style, it's not really a bad thing here. It never really *bores* me, just anticipate what's going to happen next more. Excellent soundscape too. Glitchy drums are super cool :D

This is right down my alley of dark, ambient electronic-ishness ^_^, has some reaal nice texture and soundscapes going on here; you have a pretty good handling on mixing already, ofc there's always room for improvement - but I dig this a lot.

Also, I didn't mind the repetition here :pretzel:

*EDIT* Only real production crit here is that the real low percussion sounds muddy up the mix a bit - maybe cutting out the mid range for their samples (and their reverb effect) would help it out some. Good stuff dood =D

Thank you both - I'm glad the glitch drums are working.

I recognize the muddling in the mix - that is a common problem of mine. I don't side-chain my hardware and consistently have a hard time getting my toms to 'punch'.