MAGFest 11 OCR Community Info - Rooms/People/Rides/GroupReg (Partially Updated 12/26/12)

Level 99

Oh snap, it's

MAGFEST 11 (and I'm absolutely horrible at keeping this thing updated but I'mma try harder)

Where: Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center

201 Waterfront Street

National Harbor, MD 20745

When: Jan 3 - 6, 2013 (Thu - Sun)

Alright folks, we have six months until the next MAGFest is upon us. This is going to be one crazy year. Actually, each MAGFest is crazier than the year prior. We've had ever-increasing turnouts from the OCR community, so best to start tracking stuff now and get your details in order!

MAGFest 11 - Main Page Info

MAGFest 11 Preregistration ($40 for Support 4-day, $100 for SuperSupporter 4-day)

Book your rooms here! (At some point there may be an OCR block requested, stay tuned for more info. You can always request to be a part of the block after booking your room)

OCR MAGFest phone # spreadsheet

Room block: If you want to be in the OCR block, tell them when you book your room. Its under OverClocked ReMix (OCR), so either one should get you in it.

Notable OCR-relevant Panels:

OverClocked University: Friday, 4PM - Second Stage

OverClocked ReMix: "How does I maek remicks?!" Friday, 5:30 PM - Panels 1

OverClocked ReMix: "Kicking your Shins with VGM since before the turn of the millennium" Saturday, 5:30 PM - Panels 3

I'LL UPDATE THE LIST OF PEOPLE WHEN I HAVE SOME TIME AIGHT

Attendees:

djpretzel

Liontamer

DragonAvenger

OA

DarkeSword

zircon

Level 99 + Vilecat

Amphibious

Flexstyle

Brushfire

PixelPanic (+friend)

Bahamut

SuperiorX (tentative)

MaxFrost (+wife)

Moguta

Nonamer

Abadoss (contingent frugality)

theshaggyfreak

Emunator

Brandon Strader

Monobrow + Prot

Arrow

jmr

kitty

Obtuse

mirby

Sir_Downunder (tentative)

Newt

Wildfire

diotrans

Ectogemia

halc

Ben Briggs

Phonetic Hero

Theory of N

bLiNd + Jade

Global-Trance

Velocifero

LuketheXjesse

Scrobble

DrumUltimA

Less Ashamed of Self

The Pezman

Josh Whelchel

Disambiguity

Garpocalypse

Kizyr + Jenner

ebuch

Kaleb G

Murmeli Walan

Group Pre-Reg - People Interested:

Brandon Strader

Bahamut

Newt

halc

Abadoss

Theory of N

Theory of N's Lady

Prot

Monobrow

Garpocalypse

Looking for a room:

Newt

Mirby (floor)

Bahamut (looking for room of 4 total)

Adventdawn (couch/floor)

Halt

Garpocalypse

Kaleb G

Looking for people to join their room:

Abadoss (low-key, fairly quiet people requested, room not reserved yet) - 3 Slots (even split, must be okay with snoring)

Brushfire's OCAD Room - 1 Slot

wildfire, wildfire's friend, Obtuse - 1 Slot

Looking for transportation:

Halt (Central Wisconsin)

Nonamer (Reagan National Airport pickup needed, 4PM Jan 3rd. Contact for more info)

Can offer transportation:

theshaggyfreak (pickup from Dulles possible, contact for more info)

diotrans (drop off/pick up from Dulles, contingent timing)

Ectogemia (gas contribution, coming from Indianapolis)

wildfire + friend (contribution, coming from Lansing, MI)

DrumUltimA (coming from CT/Northeast, split gas)

ebuch (Phoenix)

Looking to Jam in the Jamspace:

PixelPanic (bass)

Flexstyle (keys/drums)

The Pezman (drums + keys)

Ben Briggs (laptop)

YOUR BODY IS NOT PREPARED FOR THIS!

I'll most likely be coming this year (it'll be my first!!!) as long as there aren't any family plans around the same time. I honestly didn't really know much about it until I heard how much awesomeness was had at this past years'.

I'm not sure of my rooming or transportation needs at this time, I guess I'll figure that stuff out the closer.

I will go even if I have to join the homeless for a few days. I'd be willing to split a room with peeps. I'm going to wait a bit before buying my ticket though (already went passed my spending quota this month, and I need to book my flight).

There is no way in hell I will miss another MAGfest, apocalypse be damned!

We should petition the guys in charge (aka bribe Inverse Phase) so that we get a decent time slot for the OCR panel.

Also, if someone has a decent video camera, I would be down for recording and editing all the panels.

EDIT: Should mention I live nearby, so I could deliver the video to one of the staff.

EDIT2: Brushfire, how much is the room for all 4 nights?

We should petition the guys in charge (aka bribe Inverse Phase) so that we get a decent time slot for the OCR panel.

I actually think last year's time was perfect. Due to being at night, they had as long as they wanted to host the panel. That's good stuff!

I'll probably be there but it's too soon to say really, financially. I'd pre-reg in September or so like I usually do, hopefully join a group like I did last time and save $10.

I actually think last year's time was perfect. Due to being at night, they had as long as they wanted to host the panel. That's good stuff!

I'll probably be there but it's too soon to say really, financially. I'd pre-reg in September or so like I usually do, hopefully join a group like I did last time and save $10.

I would prefer an earlier time - I was too trashed.