OCR02468 - Final Fantasy VII "Mother"

djpretzel

Good stuff! Indeed a pretty good arrangement. I enjoyed the instrumentation as well. The mix sounded a little.. constrained. Like the space the music was happening in was a bit too small. I also thought that the ending was a bit abrupt. Like it only built up to a certain level, and then just ended. Regardless, the piece was enjoyable to listen to, and also, importantly, it had unique character to it.

--Eino

This mix intrigues me with the gentle combination of sounds, at least until the drums kick in about halfway through. The drums & bassline disrupt the organic & mysterious aspect of the piece. To be honest, I liked the song a lot more without those instruments, it had me curious. Still, the song offers something different from the norm.

I like it, especially around 1:52 when the thicker percussion comes in. Nice touch with the shattering glass.

sounds like the answer to "what if Yasunori Mitsuda did FF7?!"

Yeah, like at 2:08 when the bass comes in. It reminded me of the bass licks in Chrono Cross's soundtrack.

This is one of those pieces where it is greater than the sum of it's parts. I can hear the source melodies, and individually they are nothing to shout about, but together, they take you away.

This is intriguing enough to actually pull me out of my concentration trance I get into while working, and that's an accomplishment.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the glass sample. I feel it could have had a slightly lower volume rather than being all in your face, but still... effin brilliant choice for percussion. You have inspired me. I have a HUGE cardboard tube waiting outside for me to make some drum samples from it. Expect to hear some crazy percussion from me. Great mix, I'm going to find more of your work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I love Listen to the Cries of the Planet and it's perfect for somber, creeping arrangements. The sound effects of breaking glass work nicely here, especially when things pick up about halfway. This is the kind of ReMix that doesn't demand attention with a slap to the face, but it sounds good enough that it really should get the attention it deserves. Not bad.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02468 - Final Fantasy VII "Mother"