OCR01417 - Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages "Nayru's Love"

djpretzel

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I recently listened to this one with headphones again, and I came out of it amazed at the expressiveness of the playing. The dynamic contrasts are handled with a very sensitive touch. It's the sort of thing I would have loved to do when I was taking piano lessons, if I'd had the skill for it.

Also, whoever called it on Satie earlier, nailed it. I can't believe I hadn't realized that before now, but it's unmistakable.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this song is so delicate and sensitive that its the first stress relief that comes to mind. the short length doesn't bother me one bit since i listen to another soothing relief right after, so this makes a great addition to what i love listening to

i wanna learn how to play the piano now...

• 6 months later...

I don't regret my vote against this track, as I still felt it could have stood apart from the original more. But it's one of my NO votes that I've greatly enjoyed nonetheless.

Gray added some great touches with his available sounds to add much more realism and expression to the sound quality of the piano. I certainly miss the influence and camaraderie he added to the community.

But more importantly, David's composition was simply a sure-fire winner no matter what standard you look at it from. Whether it's a piece like this, EarthBound "Nirvana," or others, he's been excellent while keeping the pace demure and deliberate.

• 8 months later...

Ah, this one brings back the late night OoT sessions I had when I was supposed to be sleeping, bleary TV eyes and all.

The arrangement here is the winning aspect for the mix. I mean, I really, really love the arrangement. The two themes aren't just slapped together and forced to stick, nor are they mutilated to accommodate each other. They simply mesh in a really natural way, mainly because of the attributes of the piano and the skill of its player.

Dhsu has a great way of stripping down really fantastic melodies and flexing them to get the most out of them, without damaging the way we experience them or remember them. This mix is just another stellar addition to an impressive body of work. Love it.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is one of my favorite Dhsu remixes. It feels even more emotive than his usual work, and captures that tender sense of longing that was present in the original songs. I can't figure out what's going on with the source tunes here but the whole thing feels like an OoT remix to me. Maybe they're the same melody, I dunno.

I'm never sure how to properly review piano solos, even though that's my modus operandi when it comes to remixing myself, but let me assure you that I'm extremely moved and touched by what's been created here. Really, really awesome work, I'm glad I discovered this one! :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really enjoy how the two songs actually compliment each other here and near seamlessly slide back and forth. It took me a while to figure out where one gave way to the other. I have to agree that it is really conservative, both on the actual piano playing side, but also on the sticking to the source. But I think the mix does a good job bringing out the emotion of both the songs represented, even if only one is listed at the moment.

• 10 months later...

My taste in music was pretty narrow back when this was posted. I can say now that I fully appreciate this beautiful tribute. It really brings out the emotion in the original tracks, especially from Ages.

I would have liked to be the first with a posted Oracle track, but I can forgive you for making such an amazing remix. :-P

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01417 - Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages "Nayru's Love"
  • 5 years later...

Delicate.
Wistful.

The latter term is especially pertinent as by this time it seems that GrayLightning was stepping back from ReMixing, as with this and #01464 'Castlevania: Circle of the Moon "Time's Anxiety"' he became "feat. GrayLightning". This ReMix puts to music that sort of wistfulness I've been feeling as I've been going through the catalog from beginning to end and finding that I've come across the last submission of a favorite ReMixer.