OCR02710 - *YES* Mega Man 3 & 8 'Shadow's Lounge'

OceansAndrew

ReMixer Name: Amphibious

ID: 44489

ReMixer Name: C7

ID: 10897

Games Arranged: Mega Man 3, Mega Man 8

Name of Arrangement: Shadow's Lounge

Songs Arranged: Shadown Man Stage (MM3), Wily Stage 2 (MM8)

Additional Comments:

Amphibious:

As far as remixing goes, I really didn't have much experience under my belt before the Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet. I posted in the thread looking for a team, and eventually me, C7, and

Zerothemaster teamed up. I didn't really know either of them, but we needed a team of 3 and they seemed like cool guys (and I was right!). This mix was from the second round I was part of,

and having always loved jazzy mixes (Joshua Morse being a personal favourite) I decided I'd try my hand at something of the sort. I was thankful that C7 ended up on my team, because he offered

his trumpet playin services which turned out to be perfect for the genre I was going for. In the end I tried a lot of new things in this mix, and a lot of people have expressed their interest

in my submitting it, so here I am after a little fine tuning. Everyone's support, both during the competition and afterwards, has been greatly appreciated!

C7:

It was fun and I'd love to provide trumpet for whoever (time permitting, of course). Your track made me more of a fan of chill mixes in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzDbrHUmonk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuYG5qOsDGU

• 1 month later...

I'm loving this already from the first few seconds, excellent vibes coming through here! This track feels like a showcase of a bunch of different jazzy leads jamming over some Shadow Man-inspired chords. None of the leads ever gets too crazy, but for a chilled out jazz jam approach, I'd say this mix does exactly what you'd expect, and does it well :-)

What's the deal with the lead at :18, though? The sample there is pretty weak and the levels are WAY too low! :-( That's the kind of thing that I want to go YES (conditional) on, because I really feel like it sticks out like a sore thumb in an otherwise-solid mix. The piano sample also sounds flimsy and a little dry, but that's not as distracting.

I would love to see that brief lead get fixed up before posting, but since we can't go conditional on that thing anymore, I guess I don't really think it's worth holding this up if that couldn't be fixed, for whatever reason. Still, on a personal note, FIX IT! :tomatoface:

Nice work overall!

YES

• 2 weeks later...

To go counter to Wes, I thought the level of the lead at 0:18 was fine. It felt like it was trying to be understated and while that doesn't always work in tracks, here it was fine. But I agree with him on everything else - this is really solidly put together. Very Morse-inspired and you got his attention to detail down. The trumpet is very nicely performed and makes this song go the extra mile, especially when the guitar plays alongside. Thanks for keeping it classy, guys.

YES

Great details like the funky beat and the delay washes on the epiano. The mood felt really nice, and the live instrument add an additional layer of polish to an already solid track.

I think the lead volume at :18 is fine, it's audible and leads up to different leads; it's a cool way continue a crescendo while maintaining a solid groove. I think the main issue Wes is having is that the high end seems a little toned down; definitely not an issue for me anyways.

I love how intricate the rhythm parts are, with great textures.

Yes