OCR01420 - Super Metroid "The Mother Is in Control"

djpretzel

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Awesome use of guitars to give a good rhymic backing with lots of open space to put all your crazy distortions in-between. Oftentimes a noise artist will just throw a bunch of sounds together and crank up the distortion, but having a grounding element really lets the song progress. I love how you add some extra riffage into the guitars later on to keep the song feeling fresh.

Ominous synths kindof float through the sound scape, and a lot of intelligent choices make this a really clever and cool mix. I like it a lot.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

It has been a long time coming posting something to this mix. I often find myself going back to this song and falling in love with it all over again. That chugging guitar may be repetitive but it is exactly what the song needs. It's a dark, unstoppable, plodding musical onslaught. I'm still not sure I like the way the Hal quotes were used but the words definitely fit the song. Props!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Think this one deserves a bump after 5 years. It's one of the first 20 or so tracks I ever found on OCR and I think it has aged quite well all things considered. One of the reasons I keep coming back to this is because it captures Super Metroid very accurately without being too derivative. More than other Super Metroid mixes, this one hugs the sound very closely as well as the menacing under-the-surface vibe from the original source material. I would've loved to see more mixes from the Revolver Project, but if there can only be one, this is certainly not a bad one to have. Good stuff.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01420 - Super Metroid "The Mother Is in Control"